XXIII

SKY's POV

Tomorrow's the day. My wedding day.

"I don't understand why are you still going to marry him? What about Tricia?" Georgina asked while we are having dinner since I invite them all over in my room. In the same hotel as to where Tricia and I spend the night. The hotel is part of the venue of my wedding by the way.

The were surrounding me in a circle with questioning eyes. Tee and Cassey briefed them about what happened the last time Tricia and I talked. But I hadn't told anyone, not even Cassey about my real feelings towards Tricia because I know what they're going to say.

It's pointless to marry Nico if you and Tricia love each other. That's probably the exact line.

Obviously, it's right and I know that. But whatever I have or don't have with Tricia has lasted for six years and has been complicated, on and off, that it. It's difficult for me to see a future between us. Unlike with Nico. Everything is stable and there's a future.

"Look, guys. Nothing will ever happen between me and Tricia. She is just... her. And that won't change." I answered them and they all frowned.

On a normal days, I would have already laughed because their reactions are the same at the same time. It's too funny to see.

"Ok. But if you really believe that, why do your eyes look so sad?" Lyssa questioned and I looked at her in annoyance. She didn't have to point that out.

"It does not." I defended. Of course she's right. Even if I cannot see my own eyes. I know I don't have that glow and spark there and I'm not sure when will I have it again.

"Oh, believe her, it really does." Cassey followed up and I cursed her silently for that.

"Guys! Can you please stop? Don't you understand me? It's just that. Nothing is going to happen between us and whatever happened six years ago and in the hotel and outside the restaurant must be forgotten!" I blurted out and along with my friends, I was also surprised to hear my sudden lash out. I knew my voice faltered at that last sentence.

And they, being my closest and oldest friends, caught that. And again, knowing me, they didn't point it out.

"Hey, hey... easy there tiger. We're not the bad guys here. Ok? We just don't want you to regret your decisions because this is gonna be your last day and your last chance of turning your life around. We love you too much to see you live in regret and suffering because after tomorrow, everything will be set to forever and a lifetime." Lyssa said caringly and of course, I do understand. They're just concerned.

"I know and I thank you guys. I know you are here because you care about me but don't worry, okay? I'll... I-I'll be fine." Then I forced myself to flash a fake smile that God knows how long I've been mastering.

And well, they didn't believe me so they just all let out a sigh and still gave tight hugs as a sign of support. I just held back my tears.

...

It was 5 in the morning and my room is still silent. Georgina and Cassey were lovingly cuddling in a 3-seater sofa. Lyssa went in my bedroom last night and slept beside me while Tee was on the recliner, making herself comfortable under a puffy blanket, fell asleep in the most uncomfortable position I could see. I got up and I sit alone in the kitchen, prepared myself some tea. And in the middle of the silence, all I could hear is my heart pounding so loud as I think about the event later. I looked back at the living room to see my wedding dress in that curvacious mannequin and I just picture myself wearing it. My eyes glistened, I know. This is my last time being a single woman and after few hours, everything is going to change.