XIX

TRICIA's POV

"I'm sorry, Maam. But because of the storm, all the rooms are filled. We are putting the people who know each other in the same room. Unfortunately, the rooms with two beds had just been occupied. Would it be okay for you to share a bed?" The receptionist explained apologetically to Sky and I saw hesitation in her face right away. Not that we haven't slept in the same bed before. I just don't understand why the sudden change of approach after what happened under the rain.

But then, the thought enters my mind, her engagement weighs in on me and it just sends me back down to Earth and gets me irritated and dejected. Now I get it. She's keeping me in distance.

"Please double check again if you have a double bed available Sir." I said quite bitterly.

"It's fine. Get me one bed then." I heard Sky said instead and I watched the receptionist typed and clicked on his computer. When I looked over my shoulder to see Sky, she's now on the phone.

"Yeah Love... I'll be fine. I'm with Tricia. Alright. Don't worry, we'll be back as soon as the weather clears up tomorrow. Ok... I love you too." Then she hung up and I felt my heart sank at the last few words. But of course, I told myself that it how it works. She's talking to her FIANCÉE, of course she'll tell him that she loves him. They're getting married soon and the reason we're here was because this is where they're gonna tie the knot. The invisible knot that will invisibly tie in my neck too and hangs me to death.

"Room 315 for you Ma'am. Thank you. And I apologize for the inconvenience again."

I wasn't going to answer the receptionist and had already turned my back but I heard Sky say thank you then she caught up to me but she stayed silent as we climb the stairs to the third floor.

When we got to the room, my mind was clearing up a bit. The stairs were taxing to climb so I was able to shift my thoughts and vibes from the ridiculousness of my irritation earlier. The room was okay. There was indeed just one bed. But the couch by the window is quite big so sleeping on it won't be very tight and uncomfortable. I looked at Sky, whose clothes I just noticed. It was a quite too wet from the rain, her white long sleeve is now see-though so I can't help but notice how it clung to her body and showcasing her curves with I find so perfect. She do have a good curves even back in college where she's a little skinny but now, she's just so perfect. She's not the girl I used to know. She's a woman now. A hot woman I might add. Then I suddenly gulp harder at the realization.

But before I could think about things any further, I looked away and rummaged through my bag.

"Ahhh, this is nice. What a nice room." I heard her said, walking over to the window.

"Yeah, right. There's only one bed. And the walls are just plain white and-"

"I don't want to hear it, Rebecca." She said in a scolding voice and I heave a sigh. I finally found a shirt and thanked the Lord for my habit of always keeping a pair of clothes or two in my car for emergency purposes.

"What on Earth is wrong with you today? You're so snobbish and rude and irritating. It's like you're having mood swings. One time, you're smiling, then you're back to being a jerk. If you didn't want to go here, you should've just said so. I could've been fine. You didn't have to be the one to fetch me." She nagged and I was stunned. Am I moody? Not that I noticed but am I really?

Well, I do have a mixed emotions since we came but I didn't think she'll noticed that.

"Nothing's wrong with me." I answered, ignoring her last statement then I threw my extra clothes at her. I had 2 pairs in my bag luckily. Otherwise, one of us will be sleeping in a soaking wet clothes.