VII

SKY's POV

As soon as she let go of my hand, I missed the warmth of it when she let go. How I ached to hold my left hand which she touched, to feel more of her warmth on me and I scolded myself for feeling that way.

We fell in a bit of an uncomfortable silence.

"Uhmm... Thanks for the treat, Bec." I simply said, just to break the silence.

"You're thanking me? When you told me to treat you?" She joked because, well, yeah. That's true too.

"Oh, shut up. I know you still love to treat me even if I wouldn't ask you to."

He laughed. I laughed. We laughed at our banter but mostly because I assumed we felt the same. We were reminded of how things were. How we were 6yrs ago and even after those long years of not seeing each other, nothing changed. It's so bizarre to think that we never felt the difference after all. We are still the same person and how we act with each other.

"So are you on your way home now? Wait, are you still having the same condo?" I asked him because as funny as it sounds, I just realized that we are in the area where her condominium is. She was staying here since our college days.

"Yeah..."

I opened my mouth to offer her a ride but she stopped me.

"It's alright. I'll walk. It's not that far. You know that. Anyway, just ride and drive. Be safe, okay?" She said in a frustrated tone as she opened the door for me and gestured for me to get in.

"Ugh! You are so annoying as always, do you know that? You keep pushing me away. But anyway, I'll just call you, okay?"

She nodded and I rode and drove away before she can even say anything but not even a couple meters away, I pulled over and got down though I didn't understand why I did. But it seems like there's this force that's driving me as if I'm not in control of myself.

My feet took steps back to where Tricia's still standing and as I reached her, I throw my arms around her neck, hugging her ever so tightly, expressing my feelings of longing that I've been trying to hold since earlier. It didn't take long for me to feel her arms around my torso as she hugged me back and I couldn't help but close my eyes, feeling the warmth of her embrace. The warmth that I've been missing all these years, the warmth that only she could give. None other than her. Not even Nico. And I hate to say this but this is what I've been dreaming of for years. To feel her warmth again, to be nestled between her arms. If I'm being honest, I lost a part of me when she left and decided not to show herself to anyone, but now, that missing piece of me has been found. Right here in her arms, where I always feel safe and home.

"Thank God you're back Becbec." I said, feeling my voice cracking because I wanted to cry. My heart is full of emotions right now and it's weighing on me but I don't want to cry.

She didn't say anything. But instead, I felt her push me away from her but only to feel her hand on my face, cupping it gently as she looked at me with her eyes that's holding so much emotion, only I couldn't tell what are those. But I could recognize the longing and fear. Does she long for me the way I longed for her too? And what is fear of?

I could feel the goosebumps on my skin as Tricia started brushing her thumb on the side of my face with gentleness. Her eyes are looking at me intensely and all I could do is lean on her touches; the touch that is so inexplicably desirable, closing my eyes because her stare is too much for me to bear.

But after a few moments, I opened my eyes and thought of walking away because what I'm starting to feel is not right. I'm engaged and I shouldn't awaken or entertain this old feelings that has been buried for years. But I found Tricia leaning towards me and my eyes fell from her eyes to her lips. Her tempting and inviting lips and I found myself waiting for something to happen when my phone rang and my thoughts awakening my senses, knocking me out of my head.

We both pulled away from each other and as I checked my phone, it's Nico.