Introduction

Y/N L/N IS A 15 YEAR OLD GIRL who knows that she's failing in her AP Physics class... terribly.

And what are you supposed to do when you're sitting next to one of the smartest kids in class? You can't ask me not to ask him for help.

I struggled to keep up on the lecture. The teacher was talking way too fast for someone like me to comprehend.

So now I have no other choice but to ask for help. Which I hate doing, by the way.

"Psst," I whispered to the boy next to me. I think his name was Miles. He had his hair braided into two neat braids that sat on top of his head and moved down the back of his head, resting on his shoulders. He had a defined face, with honey colored eyes. Someone would be lying if they said he wasn't attractive.

He looked over at me, giving me a sharp look, only before looking back at the teacher.

"Hey, can I see your notes, please?" I whispered again. He huffed out some air and slid his notebook over to me very abruptly. "Thanks."

It didn't take me long to quickly copy his notes onto mine. His handwriting was sloppy, but also neat at the same time.

Once I was finished, I slid it back to him. Only receiving a glance in return. I mean, I'm glad that he helped me, but the glances and mean stares were a bit much.

-

After the bell rang, I stood up, gathering my things. I turned to the boy, who didn't seem interested in holding a conversation.

"Uhm, hey. Thanks for letting me borrow your notes!" I smiled at him. He turned to me and glared at me – very harshly.

"Whatever." And then he walked off and out of the classroom. I huffed out some air.

"If you're trying to get all buddy buddy with Miles, he don't want you." A voice piped up. I turned to look at the culprit, only to find a girl.

"Uhm, okay? I just needed his notes.." I started to walk off, only to be met with a laugh. I turned around to face her again.

"That's what they all say, dear. Listen, he doesn't want you. And I'm sure he never will! He has... a type. If you know what I mean." She looked me up and down while crossing her arms.

"Oh, he has a type? Well, I'm assuming it isn't you, since he never talks to you either. Thanks for the advice that I clearly don't care for." I snapped back. I huffed and put my backpack over my shoulder. Before I left, I made sure to give her one dirty look before departing.

So yeah, that's basically the start on how that girl – who is named María, by the way – has tried to ruin my life ever since.

Oh, and by the way, before I forget, my name is Y/N L/N. And in case you haven't caught on, I'm TERRIBLE at physics – science in general. So, being placed in an AP class at something I'm absolutely horrible at is not a good thing.

My desk buddy, Miles Morales, is one of the smartest in the class. Although others think he's a 'bad boy' because he skips class and is just mean, I'm sure he's good.

And that's what I thought.

Well, until I found out he was the prowler, that is.

And then I started to like him.

Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?

~~~

So, how'd you guys like the introoo 🤭

If you read my other story, María in Earth-1610 is shy and doesn't really speak English well. She's also very nice and can be very emotional.

However, in this universe, María is considered popular, and she speaks a lot. She grew up speaking primarily English in Earth-42, which makes her Spanish a bit more rusty than in Earth - 1610. She's mean, and her only emotions seem to be hatred, lust, and jealousy.

And she hates you. In both universe's, actually.

(Spoilers for who are you vvv)

ALSO. Y/N forgot about when Miles broke into her house and beat up the alternative Y/N soooo

Wc: 712