The Prowler.

"Stop. Speaking."

I was filled with terror. What could Prowler want to do with me?

Why would he throw Jackson over like that?

He gripped my shoulders, I could tell he was glaring at me through his mask.

I looked anywhere. I wanted to escape, but I couldn't. I couldn't leave without Jackson, and I couldn't leave without my mom.

"Please, sir." I bit my lip while looking at Jackson. "Please let me go."

A painful feeling on my cheek erupted as my head flung to the side. He slapped me.

"What'd I say about talking." He moved his grasp from shoulders to my shirt. "Look at me."

I slowly looked at him, one eye closed due to the immense pain on my face.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me. As if he were examining me or looking for something to comment about.

I tried to move under his grasp, but his hand was held on tight to my shirt.

I was relieved when I soon saw Jackson stirring, moving up from the ground.

He caught sight of the Prowler and I. I knew he was trying to concoct a plan in his head.

I didn't speak. I stayed silent while Prowler looked at me. "Who is this boy."

"Wh-" I quickly shut myself up. I didn't want to get punched again.

"Who is this boy, and why are you with him?" The led lenses on his mask furrowed, showing me his anger.

"He's just.. my friend," I said. My voice was a little shaky. But why does the Prowler care if I'm with another guy or not?

The lenses opened back all the way when he turned around and stopped Jackson from punching him.

He grabbed his fist and twisted it, making Jackson yelp out in pain.

"No, stop, please don't hurt him." I yanked on the hand that was on my shirt, but the gauntlet was too strong. It was impossible to budge.

I knew that if I wanted to leave his grasp, I had to distract him or slip out from my shirt.

One of them could kill me, and the other would make me feel exposed and uncomfortable.

I looked for something to distract him. That's when I saw a braid. I slowly reached up and tugged on it, making the Prowler let go of my shirt and grab it in pain.

As soon as I was free, I ran toward Jackson, grabbing his hand and sprinting as fast as I could.

"Y/N, do you even have a plan?!" Jackson panted behind me. I just ran and ran. I didn't know where to go, but I knew I needed to find my mom.

I ran into the smoky area, squinting my eyes so I could make out objects.

-

When Y/N and Jackson finally made it out of the area filled with debris and smoke, she wasted no time looking for the spa in which her mother occupied.

"Mama?!" She called out. She sprinted inside the area, seeing it mostly empty. "Mama?! Tell me you're here!"

"Y/N, thank goodness!" Her mom ran out from behind the counter. Y/N let out a breath of relief.

They both quickly embraced each other in a tight hug, Y/N still a little dazed about the whole situation.

"Ay, pobrecita, what happened to your cheek?" Her mother examined the spot in which the Prowler had smacked her.