Awkward Dinner/Another Party.

"Sooo, Y/N, you wanna talk about what you and Miles were do -"

I cut my mom off with a harsh no and a mean smile. That's the last thing I wanted to think about since NOTHING was going on... we were just caught in a very bad position.

"Haha, uhm, so I'm Mrs. Morales, Miles' mother, but I'm sure you already know that, ahah." His mother spoke up. "Er... uh, how do you know my son?"

I threw a quick glance at Miles before speaking. "Oh, well, we have a class together." I gave her a nervous smile before she nodded.

"Ah, and so... is that all you know him for?" Miles' uncle, Aaron,  let out a nervous laughter.

"We're just school friends." Miles blurted in. Mrs. Morales shot him a dirty look but then ultimately pushed it aside.

"Well, you know, he's been helping me study with physics. That's not the.. best subject im good at, but uhm, I'm glad I'm learning." I played with the food on my plate as I nervously looked around the table.

"Y/N, is he going to help you study whole you're suspended?" My mom asked. I watched as Mrs. Morales' eyes widened a little.

"You're suspended? What for?" She looked at Miles for an answer, but I knew he might twist the story.

"Uhm, this girl... she just jumped on me. Started pulling my hair, punching my face, just trying to beat me down. But obviously, I couldn't let that happen, so I fought back. And so she tried to play innocent, saying how I made ou- er uh, 'stole' her so-called boyfriend. They weren't even dating." I huffed out some air as I ranted.

While I was doing so, I noticed Aaron leaning over and whispering a few things to Miles, which made them both have a light chuckle.

"Y/N, hija, you know violence is never the answer!" My mother said to me. I subtly rolled my eyes.

"I know, Mama. But she attacked me first! I couldn't just... just let her beat me up!" I let both of my hands dramatically fall to my lap as I tried to ignore the snickers coming from Miles and Aaron.

"¡Oye! What are you two laughing about?!" Mrs. Morales interjected. The two males shut their mouths completely, muttering a quick sorry.

Aaron then cleared his throat, placing his attention on me. "S-So, Y/N, what do you like doing in your free time?"

I sat in silence for a moment, contemplating my answer. "Well, I usually study. If I'm not, then I'm usually on my phone or doing [hobby]."

"Just like the perfect girl I raised her to be. She doesn't go to any parties, she doesn't do any drugs," she let out a contented sigh. "She's perfect, isn't she?"

I glanced over to Miles for a second when she mentioned the party part, but other than that, everything else was true.

"Oh really? I wish Miles could be like that." Mrs. Morales said. She turned to look at Miles. "Isn't that right?"

"Uhm, what do you mean, Mama?" He gave her a nervous smile while throwing quick glances at his uncle.

"Oh, you know. Don't think you're so quiet when you're sneaking out. Taking MY car out of everything, too." She squinted her eyes at her son, with a small hint of aggravation in her voice.

Miles looked down at his now empty plate, most likely hiding his embarrassment.

"Well, I like to think that nobody likes to be compared to anyone in any way, wouldn't you agree? Everyone is perfect in their own way." I cringed at myself a little for the corny line.

Aaron chuckled a little while shaking his head. "She's right, Rio. Miles might not be perfect for this family, but he's perfect for ours."

My mother let out a sweet smile before glancing at everyone's plates. "Okay, so I see that everyone is done?"