Study Session / Snack Run.

"Why do you ask?" Miles stared down at the desk, seemingly annoyed with her question.

"Well, I overheard my mom talking to your mom. Something about your ex. And I was just curious, that's all." Y/N leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms.

"Well, it's none of ya business. I ain't gotta tell you shit." He looked up from the desk and shot a harsh glare at Y/N.

"Well, damn." She mumbled. She started to fidget with her pencil, basking in the uncomfortable silence.

"If you really wanna know, though. I guess I can tell you, ma." Miles looked away from Y/N.

"Really? By all means, go for it then." She placed her pencil down, prepared for what was next.

He let out a loud sigh, then leaned back in his chair and stared at the ceiling.

"Her name was Katrina. Always had her hair in pigtails. Acted like a fucking kid." He let out a low chuckle. Maybe he should've looked for the signs... you know... pigtails? Acting like a kid? Someone would say she was underdeveloped or something.

"Katrina? Like... María's best friend?"

"Yep. When I tell you, the duo was obsessed with me." He hunched back over and looked at her, smiling while doing so.

"So why do you hate María? And like, why did you go for her best friend?"

"Well, Katrina was like... I don't know. Just something about her," he sighed in between words. "But when we would go out, she would always ask me for stuff."

Y/N rested her head on her hand, taking in all the details while Miles continued to explain.

"And so then one day, she left her phone at my place. And I wasn't gonna look through it, y'know? But then this guy texted her, and there was a fucking heart around his name." He spat out the last part, seemingly still pissed about the whole thing.

"What did you find?" Y/N asked. She was a little nervous– not wanting to acidentally tick something off in him.

"She'd been cheating on me this whole time we were dating. Literally since day one. I mean, that shit is outrageous." He crossed his arms and glared at the wall.

"Ah." She said, as if it weren't the most obvious answer. "So then what'd you do about it?"

"..well, I didn't do anything for at least a week or so. I was so shocked that I just pretended that she wasn't." He uncrossed his arms but continued to eye down the poor wall.

Y/N placed her hand on his shoulder, trying to make him calm down in a sort of way.

His body tensed up for a millisecond, only to drop down and relax. Miles looked away from her, mumbling some words that she couldn't quite make out.

"It's okay, Miles. At least you're over it now. But... what about María? Why do you hate her?" She removed her hand from his shoulder, seeing as though he's calmed down enough.

"Well, when I broke up with her, María was obviously with her. But then, one day, she was just accusing me of all these things." He looked at Y/N, a frown forming on what she thought were full and perfect lips.

"Hm. So why'd she say those, and then try to be all up on you?" She mentally cringed at herself for asking so many questions, but she was curious.

"Girl is just crazy, that's all." He chuckled before looking back at the desk. "Well, I guess that's all."

Y/N slowly nodded while looking back at the desk again, the awkward silence soon returned, leaving the two of them with no words.

Miles couldn't take it. Sure, he loved when Y/N wasn't talking – she went on forever and ever. But when she was, there would always be something to relate with.