Shoot

☆~☆~ 9PM

Y/N begrudgingly got up from her bed after taking a nap.

Something in her gut told her that she needed to get a good rest, and then when she left to go meet up with Miles, she needed to put on her suit underneath her clothes.

She was still a little on edge about the Prowler thing and how he smelled. But she convinced herself that it was someone else.

After Y/N was completely ready, she headed down the stairs and heard her parents in the kitchen making food.

"Hey... uhm, I'm gonna go to.. the gas station. Do you guys need anything?" She lied as she crept around the corner.

"No, honey. Oh- uhm, let your dad accompany you!" Y/N's mom pushed her dad forward before whispering something in his ear.

Although Y/N didn't want him to come along, she thought it'd be nice. Why hide things from the parent that's never there?

So as the duo walked out of the house and in the direction opposite of the gas station, her dad stopped walking.

"So what's the real reason you're coming out here at 9:30? Got a boyfriend I don't know about?" Her dad playfully chuckled as he hit her side.

Y/N couldn't help but roll her eyes because it could've been considered as somewhat true.

"No. I just need to meet up with a friend. You're chill with that, right?"

"Of course." He pulled her into a quick side hug.

They were both quickly approaching the park. Just before reaching it, Y/N turned around and faced her father.

"Would you mind... staying here? This might be a personal thing..." Y/N glanced at him, in which he returned an awkward smile.

He nodded quietly before turning and sitting on the curb. "I'll be here if there's any trouble."

☆~☆~10:12PM

Y/N swung quietly on the swing, waiting for Miles to arrive. Since he hadn't arrived in 12 minutes, she thought he was standing her up.

☆~☆~10:27PM

She paced around the merry-go-round as she constantly looked around and checked for Miles. And yet, there was no sign.

She grabbed her phone and saw that he hadn't texted her either.

☆~☆~10:32PM

Y/N laid in the hidden bench, teetering on the brink of falling asleep. Her dad checked up on her from time to time, but he sat on the curb like she wished.

She was reaching her breaking point. Miles hadn't shown up for 32 minutes. 5 to 10 minutes is acceptable, but half an hour??

And he literally said he needed to talk to her, too! What a bitch-

"Sorry... uhm, Y/N?" Miles' voice peeked through the brush. His head was poking through it.

She abruptly sat up, and her face was angry.

"MILES! Why were you late?"

He slipped through the brush and sat next to her. He was staring at the ground with a frown. "It's nothing. I was... I was busy."

She nodded her head slowly, not believing him at all. His head quickly perked back up when he looked at her. "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Uhm... I'm gonna be honest. I didn't send that text."

"Oh." He frowned. He turned away and sighed.

Y/N was contemplating on telling Miles if his girlfriend was cheating on him with one of his friends.