Unwanted Company.

Thwip!

The sounds of wind whistled in my ears as I practiced swinging in an empty car garage.

I ran into 3 pillars already, and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

HONNNNKKKKK

My spider senses went off

I quickly dodged the incoming car that was trying to move through the area.

"Sorry!" I yelled out.

I quickly swung my way up to the roof of the garage and pulled out my phone.

"It's only been 30 minutes? Swear I've been doing this for longer.." I sighed. I caught my breath and looked around.

It had been about 2 weeks since Miles told me he was going to be "improving" himself for me.

Christine doesn't even believe him either.

She always says, "he's gonna be back with that girl again and swear he didn't mean to."

But whatever, he's the least of my concerns right now.

María had been pushing me to work harder on being this whole "vigilante," even though I haven't even shown myself anywhere public.

I let out a huge sigh and began to swing out of the garage and to my house.

My dad is still in the hospital. That shot he took put him into a coma. My mom is stressed about the hospital bills.

Seriously, they charged 70 dollars for a bottle of water??

-

"Y/N, I'm going to work! I'm also taking the morning shift too!"

I hurriedly responded to my mom, "Alright, take care!"

Walking down to the kitchen after quickly changing from my suit, I noticed a stack of unpaid bills on the kitchen table. The financial strain added another layer of stress. I couldn't ignore the reality – being a hero came at a cost, not just for me, but for my family too.

I watched as my mom walked out of the front door in a hurry. I felt bad.

Christine 💞💞

(c) Heyyyy y/n what u up to? 💋
Read

Just got home. What's up?
Read

(c) Was wondering if u wanted to hang out? Mj ditched me 💔
Read

Mj? Is she that close with her now?

Oh- uhm, well, let me clean up a lil and then you could pull up
Read

(c) Kayy 💋💋
Read

I shut off my phone and looked around. It wasn't dirty at all. I just didn't feel like I wanted people over. But I didn't want to disappoint her.

(Anyone else relate... like when u don't wanna hang out w someone, but u go anyway to make them happy? 😭)

So, about 30 minutes later, a knock on my door got me up from the couch. I let Christine inside until...

"Hey, is it okay if I invite Maila over?"

"Uhm.. I guess?"

15 minutes passed by, and Maila walked in with 3 other people.

I looked at Christine with a confused look. She just shrugged in return.

"Hey, Y/N! Thanks for letting me come over with some of these people, too! This party is gonna be awesome!"

"Wait, party? Christine, what did you tell her!"