Skipping Class

"Katrina, go ahead and take your seat down at that table over there." The teacher pointed to the desk next to Y/N, which had no occupants.

"Uhm, are you sure? I mean, I haven't been here in a long time... and I might need to catch up. Wouldn't you think it'd be best if I were paired up with someone smart? Like... Miles?" Katrina mumbled to the teacher.

"Ah, that makes sense." The teacher mumbled back. She cleared her throat and made a new decision. "Y/N, could you please switch places with Katrina?"

"What? Why?" Y/N said defendantly. Miles was also feeling upset.

"Well, Katrina needs help catching up. If you have a problem with it, then go speak to the principal." The teacher patted Katrina on her back and directed her toward Y/N.

When Katrina saw that Y/N wasn't willing to budge, she glared at her. "Well, you heard the lady. Move."

Y/N scoffed at her, looking her up and down. "Listen, I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but this? This is my spot."

"Oh yeah?" Katrina glared at her, then to Miles. When she saw Miles staring at the floor, she cleared her throat and fixed her posture. "Can you please move? Orders by the teacher."

Y/N hesitated for a moment, then rolled her eyes and got up. She grabbed her stuff and stomped over to her new chair, harshly sitting down on the seat.

Miles was not happy, not at all. While Katrina was smirking at him and trying to get him to pay attention to her, he was rapidly texting Y/N on his phone.

Y/N ;)

(M) Help, pls
Delivered

(M) Seriously Y/N why did u move for her
Delivered

(M) Pllleaassee come back
Delivered

(M) I can't handle sitting next to her, please Y/N.
Delivered

He kept glancing over to Y/N, trying to make sure she was looking at her phone-which she wasn't.

He was seriously freaking out. Not because he hated being next to Katrina. It's just that... he was missing her.

He knew it was a bad thing-a terrible thing. But his connection he had with her was deep, and he knew he could never rebuild something like that.

He hadn't seen her since she left, and he was very much devastated at the time. Since then, he has changed everything about himself.

He changed his hair, he changed his clothing choices, he even got rid of all of his social media because he made them just to post Katrina.

"Miiillleesss?" Katrina snapped her fingers in front of Miles, snapping him out of his thoughts.

He looked up and planted a stoic expression on his face. "Hm."

Katrina forced a giggle out at his expression. "How've you been? I haven't seen you in a while."

"I've been good." He made sure to reply with short answers. He wanted to make her mad that he was so dry.

"Hm. Well, who was that girl sitting next to you?" She gave him a fake smile, as if she didn't already know who Y/N was.

"Why do you wanna know?" He planted his hands in his pockets, his face still the same.

"Oh, well, she seemed really upset about moving seats. I was just wondering if that was your girlfriend or something." She forced out another giggle and quickly glanced over to Y/N, who was bent down and seemed to be sleeping.