Rivalry.

When Y/N woke up the next day, she dreaded it. Today was the day when she went back to school after her suspension.

She groaned and got up, grabbing her uniform from the bottom of her closet.

Recently, the other day, she found a small compartment that was built into her floor, so she's been using that for her uniforms.

But she couldn't help but feel that it was made for something else. I mean, why else was it there?

"Y/N, please make sure you get caught up on your work." Her mom mumbled to her while giving her hugs and kisses before she departed from the house.

"Okay, okay, I will. Don't worry." She tried to pry her mother off of her, but it wasn't enough.

Sooner or later, Y/N was finally let go. She waved goodbye to her mom and quickly walked to the school.

On her way there, she passed by loads of kids.

"Heeyy, Y/N, you're back!" Some kids yell at her.

A few more groups of kids waved at her, smiling, or just greeting her.

She hadn't really been on her schools gossip page recently, but apparently, everyone appreciated her for putting "MJ" in her place.

When she walked into the school building, loads of people crowded around her, making small talk, asking questions about María, or apologizing to her if they were ever mean.

Walking into AP Physics, though, felt the exact same. Unfortunately, in this class, Marías little friend group was there.

She eyed them down, taking a seat in her spot. She hadn't noticed that Miles was right behind her.

And who was right behind Miles? Jackson. It was a whole line, where everyone was following Y/N.

Miles sat down in his seat, his eyes glued to her.

Jackson sat down in his seat, his eyes glued to the floor. His heart was wrenching because he couldn't bear to face Y/N after she left him at the diner.

"Hey, welcome back." Miles murmered to Y/N. Jackson scrunched his fist while he listened to them speak.

"So you did miss me. Should've known." She teased. Miles rolled his eyes and scooted his chair a half-inch closer to her.

"Whatever. It was just one day. You can't handle seeing my face for a day?" He leaned in closer, squinting his eyes at her with a smirk.

She leaned backward, a small blush rising on her cheeks. "Uhm, no. I can go a whole month without seeing your face."

Jackson watched the scene unravel, feeling angrier by the minute.

"What a liar. "We have nothing going on!" She said. "I don't like him!" She said!" He thought.

He watched as the two "flirted" (when in reality they were just bickering)

When the bell rang and the teacher walked in, she introduced the new lesson.

Fortunately for Y/N, they were really only doing review stuff the days she was gone. So, nothing new for her to pile on her mounds of homework.

"Today, we will be working in groups of three." The teacher said in her monotonous voice. The whole class groaned.

Y/N, however, was happy. That meant she didn't have to do most of the work herself.

"Please, get up and into your groups. There are enough students for this to work. If I don't see you in a group, I'll place you in one myself."