🄼🄰🅂🅃🄴🅁🄿🄸🄴🄲🄴🅂

»»———— ★ ————««

»»———— ★ ————««

I walked back to my friends after exchanging phone numbers with Max and wished him a good night. Both of my friends' eyes were widened with enthusiasm.

"Gosh, you didn't have to flirt that long!" Mia laughed and handed me a glass of wine.

"Yeah, tell us what happened!" Melony patted on the seat next to her.

I smiled, and went to sit down, never had I expected that some lousy, bad flirting would end up in having an actual date with Max. Never had I expected he would ask me on a date... he must know how protective Charles is over me... right?

"Well," I sat down and laughed, still in denial of the date we were going to plan. "He asked me on a date."

Mia and Melony looked at me in shock, their eyes were as big as plates and their jaws slacked.

"You are going... what?" Mia was the first to speak up.

"I am having a date. With Max."

"Are you sure?" Melony asked carefully, but the enthusiasm was hearable in her voice.

I nodded, and showed them how I got Max's phone number in my contacts, "He asked me on a date."

"So, he and Kelly?"

"They broke up apparently," I shrugged my shoulders and downed the wine through my throat. "It was a very fun conversation with Max, he is going to come over to see my paintings. He called it a date, but I don't think it really is a date."

"Are you going to tell Charles?"

"No!" I covered my mouth with both my hands, startled by how loud I said that. "Are you crazy, Mia? Charles will kill Max, and then he will kill you because you dared me to go and talk with him. I told him I wouldn't be talking with any drivers tonight."

Melony shook her head, laughing, "It was about time you stopped listening to him. I think Mia and I did a good thing, and besides, a first date doesn't mean you're immediately exclusively dating each other, or that Max is going to hurt you."

I nodded, knowing that she was right. Lorenzo, Charles and Arthur had been trying to scare off every guy setting foot towards me. And maybe it was time to let that go.

»»———— ★ ————««

112 days until summer break
Monday after Monaco's Grand Prix

Max looked different without the party clothes or the racing suit he wore during the race weekend, he looked different not wearing Red Bull team clothes. And I bet he thought the same of me, his eyes scanned me from head to toe before he walked inside my apartment.

I closed the door and turned around, Max scanned my place. I made sure it was cleaned and tidy before inviting him. He turned around and smiled when he noticed I was looking at him.