🅢🅣🅞🅟 🅣🅗🅔 🅣🅘🅜🅔

You can feel it on the way home, you can see it with the lights out. You are in love, true love 

 You are in love, true love  ❞ ♬

»»———— ★ ————««

"Max," she had gasped out; I could hear the panic in her voice. Her hands pushed me gently away. "Stop, please. We need to slow down."

I immediately stepped away from her. The panic on her face was similar to the panic in her voice, and I immediately regretted kissing her. No– I regretted my impatient behavior.

I muttered an apology over my lips, and she smiled reassuringly, yet the panic was still visible in her eyes. I wondered if she knew that the panic was still in her eyes.

She offered a new date.

After this, she still offered a new date.

"There must be something to overtop this date," she said.

I wanted the panic to stop running through my veins, but her words from Monza kept repeating themselves in my head. The way she confessed how guys tended to use her for her name or her brothers, the way she never knew if a guy was genuine with her.

And here I was. Using her as a pon in a stupid game.

"Challenge accepted," I said with a soft chuckle– a forced one because I did not want her to notice my own panic.

She tiptoed and gave me a quick kiss, and I gently kissed her back. Savoring the feelings of her lips on mine like I hadn't done before.

"Are you still mine?" I asked carefully; I had to know if I had just fucked it up– I had to know that this next date was really planned, and she didn't just tell me that to make me feel a bit better about the heated kiss.

"I am still Mine," she replied cheekily, and I remembered that I had given her that nickname. "Or yours." She added quickly.

"Perfect, then I am still your unknown lover."

Jasmine disappeared into her apartment as I walked to the elevator. My heart was racing; every beat was a heavy pound against my chest. I tried so hard to hide the turmoil inside me while standing before Jasmine that as soon as she closed the door, I breathed in desperately for some air.

The closed space of the elevator did little to nothing not to start feeling overwhelmed. What had I been thinking?

As soon as the door opened, I ran outside. My lungs were begging me for some fresh air, and my heart was demanding some proper rest. But I needed to go. I messed up big time, and there was no coming back from this.

Jasmine Leclerc was not just a bet. She is human; she is a person. And all these weeks, I had seen her as nothing more than a stupid bet I placed on her. I was so focused on winning– I hated losing.