🅃🄸🄲🄺 🅃🄰🄲🄺 🄱🄾🄾🄼

»»———— ★ ————««21 hours until summer breakSaturday - Belgium

»»———— ★ ————««
21 hours until summer break
Saturday - Belgium

I knocked on the door and waited patiently for Max to open the door. He had sent me the address earlier today, and I specifically waited until I saw Charles and Alexandra leave the hotel.

A shadow appeared on the other side of the door, and I quickly looked at my outfit. I didn't dress fancy at all, and I could only hope that Max didn't either.

"Jasmine," Max's smile widened; he wore a plain white shirt and grey training trousers. "Come in."

He kissed my cheek and closed the door before taking the lead and showing me around his mother's vacation house. It was filled with pictures of Max, from every age but always with some racing car, whether it was a go-kart, an F3 car, or an F1 car.

And then obviously the family pictures: Max and Victoria, Max and his mother, a picture of the three of them, and a picture which included his Dad.

"Isn't your mom here?" I asked and took a seat on the sofa. Max had made sure the fireplace was on, and the heat radiating from the fire cast a warm glow over the living room.

"No, she went out with Victoria. A little mother-daughter night before Sunday is all dedicated to me."

I smiled; Max's family had given up a lot for his career. Max had given up a lot to become the world champion he is today. It was worth it in the end, according to Max, and his family loved and supported him through everything.

I had my doubts about Jos, the stories I heard, and the casual trauma-dumping Max had done in the past few months; it was a lot. Jos was only happy when Max stood on the highest step of the podium, holding the biggest trophy. And even then, it wasn't good enough sometimes. Was it love? Possibly. Was it child abuse? Most definitely.

Max sat down next to me, fidgeting with the remote to get the list of movie titles, "Do you have a preference on what to watch today?"

"Everything is fine," I replied as usual. "Except for bloody horrors; you know I still have to drive myself back to the hotel tonight, and I want to be able to sleep."

Max chuckled, nodded, and went for the comedy section, also per usual. It was as if movie night were becoming our standard safe date. We couldn't really go out, risking the publicity, so movie nights were our thing.

While he went through the list, I began feeling the heat of the room slop me. I felt a sheen of sweat forming on my forehead, realizing I might have dressed too warmly for the occasion, especially with the fireplace.

"Wait, sorry," I mumbled as I shifted my seat and pulled the sweater over my head.

Max's gaze shifted from the screen to me, his eyes widening slightly as he noticed that the only thing I was wearing right now was a fitted tank top, the lace of my brace just slightly sticking out and tracing the curves of my cleavage, and then Charles' Ferrari sweat pants.