🅂🄴🄲🅁🄴🅃🅂

Silly me to fall in love with you
I haven't slept since Sunday
Midnight for me is 3:00 a.m. for you 

»»———— ★ ————««10 days since summer break startedWednesday - Monaco

»»———— ★ ————««
10 days since summer break started
Wednesday - Monaco

It had been another lie, a whole other level of broken trust. And no longer could I describe my pain as a betrayal and heartbreak.

Pierre told me Charles hadn't seen the picture; only the Frenchman had seen it, and he deleted the image from Charles' phone before my brother got a chance to do so.

Mia and Melody hadn't left my side since I got Pierre's text; they held me as I started crying again and until I fell into a restless sleep and made me breakfast the next morning.

Pierre told me he would go by Max and demand an explanation. In the meantime, my best friends tried to distract me. But the void inside me only kept growing, and it was another 03:00 AM sleepless night.

"Can't sleep?"

Mia's soft voice startled me, and I looked up to the door. I couldn't even smile at the image of my best friend at the door. I just simply nodded, and she walked in, closing the door behind her.

"Scoot over," she demanded, and I did what she told me. Mia slipped under the blankets. She wrapped her arms around me just like she used to do when we were younger, and nightmares or heartbreak haunted our sleep.

"It's okay," Mia whispered. "I know it hurts, sweetheart. And I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

I buried my face in her shoulder; my best friend knew better than to force me to talk. And, for the following minutes, we laid in a comfortable silence.

"Mia?" I finally whispered into the darkness.

"Yeah?" She replied softly, her voice barely audible.

"Thank you."

She squeezed me tighter in response, a silent acknowledgment of the unspoken bond I had with her. One that ran deep into the roots of our childhood.

Mia began to run her fingers through my hair; I slowly felt the tension ease from my body, and my eyelids grew heavier.

I slept for only three hours before I moved to the balcony, where my fingers were wrapped around a cup of tea as I stared at the first sights of the new morning. 

"Ah, I already thought I could find you here," I heard Mia say; she grabbed one of the chairs and sat down. "Did you manage to sleep at all?"

"Just a bit," I replied and made eye contact with her. "More than I would've if you hadn't come to my room."