🅓🅐🅜🅐🅖🅔🅓 🅖🅞🅞🅓🅢

You'll always be on my list of all the good things that I miss, you're all the good things that i miss 

♬ ❝ You'll always be on my list of all the good things that I miss, you're all the good things that i miss  ❞ ♬

»»———— ★ ————««
9 days since summer break started
Tuesday - Monaco

It was the damn smirk that was hard to get my mind off from. I checked my phone after Carlos and Daniel had left but couldn't find anything. And the past two days, that smirk haunted me.

I could've just straight-up asked him, but he was being so secretive about it. He kept saying that he had only texted his sister. But not even those texts were popping up, and he didn't use my phone that long to log in to his own social media account.

In my mind, nothing of it made sense, and the idea of Carlos having done something bad crept inside me. My last hope was Daniel. He had to tell me that the Spaniard was being honest with us.

"Thank you for coming," I said, stepping aside to let the Australian in.

Daniel nodded, his ever so charming smile on his lips, "Of course. Is Carlos coming, too?"

"No."

Daniel let out a silence 'oh,' nodding again. He stepped beside me and walked straight to the living room. Had Daniel expected me to invite him over without Carlos at some point?

"You're not going to ask me why he is not coming?" I asked and followed the Australian to my living room.

"No. I'm actually glad he is not here."

It took me a few seconds to realize what Daniel had said, and I tilted my head. Were Daniel and I on the same page? I opened my mouth, but he cut me off before I could say anything.

"He has not been acting normally these past few days. It is actually somehow scary how calm he has been."

"I am so glad that I am not the only one," I said as a relieved sigh escaped my throat. "Really, I can not get last Sunday out of my head."

"How so?"

"Carlos borrowed my phone. You were getting more booze, but he smirked at my phone. And then, he has been so calm the entire time... I just don't get him."

It was Daniel's turn to be confused, "He borrowed your phone? For what?"

"He said his phone died, and he had to text his sister. I trusted him, and I can't seem to find he did anything wrong on my phone, but that damn smirk."

"Is there anything private on your phone?"

I shook my head as I considered what could possibly be on my phone, something Carlos knew about. Nothing popped up.

"I don't think so."

"You don't think so?" Daniel repeated me mockingly. "But you said you couldn't find anything that would prove he did something strange with your phone."