🄱🄴🅃🅁🄰🅈🄰🄻

Wish I could turn you back into a stranger 'cause if I was never in your life
You wouldn't have to change it, but I know that I'll be happier and I know you will too 

♬ ❝ Wish I could turn you back into a stranger 'cause if I was never in your lifeYou wouldn't have to change it, but I know that I'll be happier and I know you will too  ❞ ♬

»»———— ★ ————««
7 days since summer break
Sunday - Monaco

Pierre opened his car door for me; he hadn't said a word since I had hushed him through the hallway. I knew he wasn't stupid, and he was suspicious of something, but he had yet to ask it.

"Where is Esmay?" I asked, seeing his car was empty. Last Friday's conversation had been haunting me ever since, and I was pretty sure Pierre told me his girlfriend would tag along today.

"She changed her mind," Pierre replied, almost emotionless. "She didn't want to come anymore."

I nodded and gave him another smile. Dropping that subject would probably be the best thing to do now. Pierre smiled back and then started the engine of his Alpine.

"Have you been able to get some sleep?" he asked, "Especially after our last conversation."

"Fine," Pierre sighed. "But you'll keep this between us."

I swallowed nervously, and my heart rate quickened seconds after Pierre demanded that it stay between us. I nodded at him, acknowledging that whatever he said would remain between him and me.

Pierre hesitated, and the air around us seemed to thicken slowly. I could feel my heart starting to pound in my chest.

"Pierre," I urged him, my voice barely a whisper. "Tell me."

He exhaled heavily, "Carlos... he used to have a crush on you."

I had expected everything but this, and a nervous burst of laughter escaped my lips. If this was Pierre's way of trying to make me feel better, it was somehow so messed up it felt funny.

"Feelings?" I repeated. "For me?"

Pierre nodded; there wasn't a smile on his lips, and I quickly got rid of mine. His gaze was focused on mine, silently pleading for understanding. His words then hit me, knocking all the air out of me. Carlos, my brother's teammate. He has had a crush on me?

"I don't understand," I said.

"I never thought anything of it. Sure, I saw how he looked at you and how he easily seemed to slip some flirts over his lips whenever Charles wasn't around. He asked you out once; do you remember that?"

I shook my head; I would've remembered if Carlos asked me out.

Pierre's voice turned most hesitantly as if he were treading fragile ground, "It was after the race in Abu Dhabi last year. We went out with some of the guys to celebrate the end of the season. Carlos had a bit too much to drink, and he... well, he made his move."