🅣🅡🅤🅣🅗 🅣🅞 🅑🅔 🅣🅞🅛🅓

I am here regardless of the pain, don't ever tell me to go away from you.
When we're old and have to leave the Earth, I'll still remember all I've learned from you

When we're old and have to leave the Earth, I'll still remember all I've learned from you ❞ ♬

»»———— ★ ————««
29 days since - Monday - Miami

I knew I shouldn't have expected anything from my conversation with Jasmine. She didn't want anything to do with me, and I couldn't blame her.

Charles and Pierre avoided me all weekend; Daniel and I avoided Carlos as much as possible. But still, the urge to confront and question him was huge.

Or maybe he took the hint himself; I was hoping that was the case since he didn't ask me if he could fly to Austin with Daniel and me in my private jet.

It was promised to be another tense weekend.

»»———— ★ ————««
32 days since - Austin - Thursday

Daniel and I drove to the bar together. We were both surprised by Carlos' sudden invitation. Was he being ignorant, or was this his way of testing the waters?

"Hola, guys," Carlos smiled as we arrived at the table. "I ordered us beers already."

"You do know we have to drive an F1 car tomorrow, right?" Daniel asked, his smile not as big as usual.

"One can't hurt, right? It didn't stop you before."

"Thank you, Carlos," I said and sat down.

"We didn't really have the time to catch up in Miami," Carlos stated. "And Charles did not try to kill you on track, so I think we can establish that you were overthinking this whole situation."

I shared a look with Daniel, unsure of how to react to Carlos, but he looked just as unknowing as I did.

"Uh... yeah, Miami was crazy. My car was shit at the beginning of the weekend, but luckily we turned that around, and I am still leading the championship."

"And I am close to catching Charles," Daniel nodded, playing along.

We were definitely playing the ignorance card now and waiting for the Spaniard to slip up. But I also knew that this confrontation was without Jasmine's knowledge, nor did Charles or Pierre know anything about it.

The beers arrived, and for a second, an unsettling silence fell between us. It must be something that Carlos should've felt, too. But he decided to ignore it, slipping his beer. I shared another look with Daniel, and he shrugged slightly when Carlos didn't notice.

"But uhm... what was your reason to meet up here? We could've just met in a hotel room," my teammate asked carefully.

"That's not as fun. Come on, Austin won't be as crazy as Las Vegas. At least we can go out and drink a beer here."