🅗🅞🅢🅟🅘🅣🅐🅛 🅡🅘🅓🅔

It was legendary, it was momentarily, it was unnecessary, should've let it stay buried 

♬ ❝ It was legendary, it was momentarily, it was unnecessary, should've let it stay buried  ❞ ♬

»»———— ★ ————««
First race weekend after the summer break
26 days since - Miami - Friday

It was only the second day into the Miami Grand Prix, and I was already done with everything.

Seeing Jasmine walking through the paddock was a nasty stab in my chest. I didn't expect to feel that much simply from seeing her move swiftly from one VIP area to another.

Except she was just a fraction of what she used to be. She visibly lost weight, her skin was pale, and her expression tired. All I wanted to do was reach out to her and ask her what was going on. But I knew I had lost that privilege—if I ever had it at all.

And next to that, it took me everything not to confront Carlos, not to smack his face into the gravel and curse him out for what he did. But I couldn't let him know that we knew what he did.

And on top of that...

Out in fucking Q1.

Who could've believed that? It was the first race after the summer break, and this was the start of it for me while Daniel was still competing to take his place in Q3.

Somewhere, I was lucky that it was simply the qualification for the sprint race tomorrow, and I had to keep the hope up that my car's pace would be much better for the qualification of the race. Especially if I wanted to keep my first place in the driver's championship and keep Charles away from stealing that spot.

I quickly changed in my driver's room, knowing that the media duties were going to be annoying and loaded with stupid questions. But thank God that my dad would only arrive on Sunday. I had no interest in his commentary right now.

I hurried down the stairs to the media pen with my PR officer. The questions were stupid and annoying, so I had to try my best not to make sarcastic comments or say something that would bite back quickly. I sped through the interviews and then decided to wait in my driver's room for Daniel to be ready, too.

There was no need for me to be outside other than to carry the embarrassment of getting knocked out in Q1 in the quickest car on the track.

Daniel got pole position, obviously. After he finished his media duties, we had a debriefing with the whole team. Daniel's car didn't seem to have the pace problems I had, and he was gone as soon as the meeting was over.

But I needed the car to be perfect for tomorrow. I can not afford to lose, even if it was just a god-awful sprint race.

Hours crept by, data had been reviewed a hundred times, and it was already getting dark outside. I bid the engineers a good night and made my way to the parking lot.