14-Masquerade

Taehyung's POV-

Things I do for money, for my work. Never in million years I saw myself at party. But here I am, wearing a fancy suit, in a masquerade party with a classy wine in my hand. The man I am going to eliminate will be also attaining this party. I just have to wait for the right time but it seems far away cause I didn't caught a glimpse of him till now. Looking around I observed how people were lost, some in the party while some in other person.

Everyone around me had a partner, swaying in each other's embrace on the soft music with no worries. At times like this, I wondered, how do they feel at the moment, being in someone's arm, a sense of protection around them from some other person. These things were not for me. I am not someone who needs protection, nor can I protect anyone out of anything but money. I am not soft, my edges are rough, sharp, scrapped, I have no gentleness in me for a partner, for love. 

Everyone had a man had a woman in his arms, but no man had a man in his arms, the host of this party was a homophobic asshole. So my surprise was understandable when a man forwarded his hand to ask me for a dance.

"Can I have a dance with you gentleman?" I wanted to back away, to let down the eyes shimmering with hope, to turn away but instead, I gave away. I slipped my palm into his gloved ones, my breath hitching as he pressed his lips on the back of my palm. For sure this was one time thing but I would like to savor this moment. it's fair to loose yourself a little, it's not like I can't kill him if he tries to over smart me.

 As I gave my palm into his, he pulled me towards him, my other hand resting on his waist automatically, to hold onto him while his rested on my lower back. 

"Relax." His voice was hushed but utterly familiar, my tense body slowly relaxed but still in alert mode in case things take a wrong turn and I almost jabbed him in gut when he pulled away his hand from mine, taking my palm from his waist, keeping it on his chest, right above his heart before holding my free hand again.

Naturally, with rhythm we started swaying side by side, his eyes never leaving mine to wander around. I could see stars in his eyes as the lights reflect in them making them shine. Suddenly the music turned lower, seductive same as the gaze in front of me. His hands tightened around me, now both of hands clasped behind my back while mine stayed on his chest, feeling his every breath and heart beating under my palms. 

"Let me tell you a story." His voice below whisper, just audible enough for me to listen. In response I tilted my head, looking at him with questioning eyes, waiting for him to speak.

"Wha-" I couldn't complete my words when he suddenly spun me, now my back to his chest as we kept moving. His hands crawling over mine before he held them into his own gloved ones, head resting on my shoulder before he spoke, again.

"There was an angel." Against his warm embrace his words seemed like they were putting a spell on me. So, deep and alluring that I couldn't sense anything, it was messing with my mind but in  a way that I was loving it. I was loving the fogginess covering my mind, but I knew I had to get out of it. I can't let myself get away with it, I have a mission to complete, a target to eliminate. 

And what a coincidence cause I saw the reason why I was here in the first place. The tattooed hand with the emerald bracelet. My target was here. It was time to get back to reality, to let go the mysteriously warm embrace.

But I couldn't. 

"I need to go." I whispered, trying my best not to snap as the man wasn't loosening his hold. I couldn't be violent as there were not much people, it was not a club. One small mistake and I would lose my chance and fail this mission, just cause I was busy dancing.

"My story is not completed yet sweetheart." What? He must be idiot if he thinks I will hear his story. I tried to get his hands off me but in return he, once again twirled me around, now facing me. My rage knew no bounds as I could sense the smug expression on his face.

"I don't fucking ca-" 

"The angel was so strong. He was the most powerful of all." My time was ticking. My target won't be here for long, I know that, I need to get out of his hold without taking any attention on me. But how? I could hear Yoongi shouting through my ear piece but I can't do anything. I don't know who this man is but, I can say one thing, he is fucking lunatic!

"I don't give a fuck about that ange-"

"Even the demons shivered and bowed to that angel, they were scared of his anger, of him." Again, he spun me around, twirling me before I end up crashing onto his chest, a coy smile decorating his lips as he raised his hand, slowly caressing my jaw but his touch burned me, slowly, painfully.

"Let. me. go." My every word was pressured as I glared into his challenging dark eyes, my fingers creeping up his neck, resisting myself from choking him to death. 

"The angel was the angel of death, harbinger of grief, sadness-" I had enough of his rubbish. Not caring about attention I kicked his shin, hard. It finally made him, loosen his hold, letting me go but before I could escape away from him, I felt him grabbing my wrist in a harsh hold and pulled me towards him with a jerk.

"But still the angel lost. Wanna know why?" Despite my anger, his voice was raving, filled with rage. It confused me. Who the hell is he?

"Cause in the end, he was still an angel against the mighty hades. A naive little angel." 

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Jeon is about to step out of his league...

~~~glimpse