3|Bridal Shower

Elianna's POV

Six days later

I wiped the tears off my eyes as I played with the silly engagement ring.

Tomorrow was the day. Tomorrow was the day I will slave away myself to a notorious psychopath.

Tomorrow is the day I will see him for the rest of my life and live with constant disrespect.

For the past couple of days I've been debating whether or not I should go through with it.

I cried, spent hours in the public dance studio and then cried some more. That was my cycle.

Last night I went to the club to get laid one more time before I gave myself to him.

I prayed he didn't want me. I prayed that he was disgusted by me. If he ever wanted to lay hands on me, I don't know what I would do.

However, today I came to the ultimate decision that I will still go through with it.

I had to.

Haze and Eve flew in from college today. They were so happy and in love.

For the whole car ride he wouldn't shut up about him making it in the top ten.

He was doing as he promised me. It only made sense that I held up my end of the deal.

I promised mom I would take care of him and if it means I have to give up my livelihood, so be it.

I don't care what happens to me, I just want my baby brother to be happy.

He deserves it. I already had my time.

Enzo was such a prick. He kept me in the dark about everything.

I didn't even know where the wedding would take place. He didn't even send over my dress as yet.

I'm sure by now the bridal shop has finished working on the adjustments.

I chugged down another mouthful of my beer.

I wasn't a beer drinker but I didn't have anything to lose.

I was supposed to have a bridal shower but I didn't even know who my bridesmaids were or if I even had any.

For a matter of fact, I didn't even know who all the guests were.

I know for sure the girls weren't coming. I couldn't bring myself to tell them I was engaged.

I didn't want the people who looked up to me as their dance captain to see me get humiliated by some man.

I couldn't do that.

Whenever I travel for practice, I'm taking off my ring.

They don't have to know I am married.

"Come in," I said after I heard a knock on the door.

"Princess," dad started as I put the can of beer to my mouth. "Stop filling your stomach with filth."

"It's one can of beer papa," I said in annoyance. "It's not my fault there isn't any bottled beer here."

"What is with the attitude?"

I turned to him. "I can't believe you. After everything I told you he did to me last week, you still want me to marry that bastard."

"Princess, I am not forcing you to marry him."

"Except you are! If I don't then you'll make Haze work for him."

"Don't worry about that. Just go back to America and have a good time with your friends and dance."