26|One Sided

Elianna's POV

I watched as he got up and went outside.

Was he leaving?

I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding in.

He was staring at me so intensely. It was so intimidating.

He barely gave me attention so when he did I forget how to act normal.

I couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind as he watched me.

Probably figuring out a way to kill me without it looking like a murder.

"Aunty, am I doing it right?" Isabella asked and I adjusted her posture a little. "Do you think uncle saw me?"

I frowned. "Probably not, baby."

"He probably did. Uncle doesn't like me very much."

"Why would you say that?" I asked.

"He doesn't like talking to me or hugging me. When I am with my papa he acts like I'm not there."

Just when I thought Enzo couldn't get any colder, I got proven wrong.

This fact made me even more depressed that there will be no return for Enzo.

She's a little girl, why is mean to her too?

I want kids and Enzo clearly didn't. We aren't even having sex. There is nothing in our relationship. We are just bedmates who happened to be legally married.

"I'm so sorry, Isabella. Are those girls still bothering you?"

"No, my mommy talked to their parents."

I smiled. "Good, if they start again tell me."

She quickly turned around.

"What's wrong, Isabella?" I asked.

"Uncle is back. I don't want him to see me. I want to surprise him. Maybe he might have missed me."

"Okay," I laughed before moving to another student so he doesn't look in her direction.

I looked up at him and he looked...nervous? His hands were fidgeting and his feet were bouncing up and down.

He wasn't even looking at me anymore. He was just staring into the ground.

Staring at things seems to be a habit of his.

He must have gotten bad news or something.

I stepped to go comfort him but immediately stopped myself.

Why would I do that? He has done nothing to deserve my affection. I'm done being nice to him.

He probably wouldn't even care that I tried to comfort him. He always ignores me whenever I try to make a conversation.

"Okay girls, let's start from the top and then we can go home."

They went through the dance once and then the girls ran off to their parents outside.

Enzo stood up and started walking but was stopped by a little cutie.

"Uncle!" She shouted as she hugged his leg.

She looked so short compared to his tall frame.

He froze.

"Elianna, get it off me!" He shouted.

I walked up to him. "It's Isabella."

"What?" He asked before looking down. "Oh, Isabella. I told you to stop doing that."