12|A Little Freedom

Elianna's POV

I spent my whole morning being an emotional wreck.

The time was coming when I will get my revenge on him but for now I plotted and cried.

He watched me try to compose myself but I couldn't.

I have been struggling for the whole morning.

I missed papa, Haze, home, I had just gotten my period and to make it worse that stupid memory of mom popped back in my life.

"You're weak," he said which didn't make things better. "You have disappointed me in how quick you give in. I thought you would have been a lot more tougher."

I ignored him and crawled into bed.

I bit my lip to stop myself from crying so much and I ended up sniffing.

He stood in the same position as I left him. "Stop doing that."

I turned to him. "I can't. Can't you see I'm trying not to?"

"I'm going back to sleep and I don't need to hear that annoying sound you are making," he said as he walked to the bed.

I kept my back towards him and tried to ignore him.

"Where the hell is my sheet?" He asked.

"The maid went to wash it," I said, still facing away from him.

"Then why didn't she replace it?" He asked angrily.

"I don't know. How the hell am I supposed to know?"

"Give me yours," he ordered and my head snapped to look at him.

"No, get your own sheet!"

"This is my house, my bed and my sheets!" He argued.

I faced away from him again. I am not giving him these sheets.

He doesn't even know how much I begged Luca to go get one for me.

I felt my sheet lift and when I checked he was coming under.

I immediately pulled it away. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

He pulled it back on him. "These are my sheets."

I pulled it over on me before he pulled it over on him again.

We played a little tug of war before we each gave up and settled to share.

I felt very uncomfortable.

Sharing the same bed was one thing. We had many barriers between us. We had separate sheets and pillows between us.

However, sharing the same sheet was different. We were more intimate. Our bodies shared the same space and radiated in the same space.

There was an awkward silence between us as we both laid on our backs and stared at the ceiling fan which was above us.

I slowly turned to look at him and he was doing the same thing. We quickly looked away from each other.

He cleared his throat which caused me to awkwardly turn on my side and look away from him.

I had moved too close to the edge so I moved back a little and my butt accidentally crashed into something, his hip maybe?

"Sorry," I apologized as I looked back to him.

He closed his eyes and it looked like he was trying not to get upset.