43|The Honeymoon

Elianna's POV

The car stopped in front of a cute cream and brown villa surrounded by various trees.

"Wow, where are we?" I asked him as he paid the driver.

"Bali," he answered as we got out.

He took our bags from the trunk and we made our way to the villa.

As we soon approached the door, an old woman stepped out.

"Welcome!" She greeted as she gave both of us a kiss on the cheek.

She placed a crown on my head.

"This is for the bride because she is now the queen of your household," she told Enzo and he raised his eyebrow.

I covered my mouth as I tried not to laugh.

"This is our honeymoon villa and I promise you that you will have complete privacy here," she said.

"However, I must warn you that this place is cursed," she continued.

My eyes widened. "Cursed?"

She nodded and giggled. "Every bride that comes here, leaves pregnant!"

Enzo and I slowly looked at each other.

"Looks like we will be the couple to break that curse," I confidently told her and she laughed.

"That is what they all say, my dear."

Enzo pinched the bridge of his nose. "Can we get another villa please?"

She continued to laugh before walking away. "Don't be silly, young man. Have fun!"

Enzo and I gave each other a weird look before we entered inside the villa.

"Wow," I said as I saw the interior of the villa.

It was more on the rustic side and was full of plants just like how the outside was.

Not too far from the entrance was a bowl filled with condoms on the table.

I quickly pretended not to see it before Enzo did.

His eyes started to move and I quickly grabbed his hand to distract him.

He looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

"Let's go check this place out," I said as I started pulling him but he stayed anchored to his position. "What's wrong?"

"You go ahead. I'm leaving," he said.

"What? You're not seriously going to leave on our honeymoon?" I asked him.

It can't be.

"It's just for today. I need to clear my head and see if there is a market here that I can expand to."

I scoffed. "You're hiding from the police right now and you want to go get in more trouble?"

"I'm not getting in trouble," he said. "I'm just going to look."

"You're such an asshole. We haven't even been here for one day!"

He watched me blankly. "Do you need anything when I'm on my way back?"

I turned my back to him. "Just go."

"Elianna."

"Go!" I shouted. "This isn't a real honeymoon anyway. You don't even want to talk to me. You keep setting everything back!"

He sighed before I heard the door open and slam.

I looked over my shoulder and he was gone.

I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding.