10|New Friend

Elianna's POV

"Mommy!" I cried as I grabbed her hand tightly.

"I'm not going to make it, Elianna," she struggled to tell me. "But we can save the baby."

I looked back at papa pacing back and forth in distress.

This only made me cry harder.

I was eight years old in this cold hospital room with my mom telling me she was going to die.

"Stop it, Angelica!" Papa shouted at her. "Why are you telling the child such nonsense! If something was wrong the doctors would say!"

"This is not my first pregnancy. I know when something is wrong!" She argued back to him.

She grabbed her stomach in pain as she got another contraction.

I quickly grabbed a towel and dabbed her face. She was drenched in her own sweat because she was burning up.

"It's time," she told papa. "Call the doctor!"

She grabbed my hands tightly. "Elianna, you have to promise mommy that if anything happens you will take care of your baby brother with your life."

I shook my head. "No no no. I can't. You have to do it. You're just being dramatic right now because you're scared! You're going to be okay."

"Elianna, promise!" She screamed.

"I promise," I cried. "I promise!"

The doctors rushed in and papa pulled me aside.

They made her push and everything was going good.

She smiled and papa gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"One more push and your baby will be here, Mrs. De Luca."

"I guess I was just overreacting, Elianna," mom laughed and I laughed too.

"I told you so."

"Ready?" The doctor asked and she nodded her head.

She started to push but the doctor immediate raised his hand.

Her eyes were closed so she didn't see.

"Mommy!" I shouted as I saw blood.

She opened her eyes frightened. "Elianna?"

I opened my mouth to speak but I was speechless.

"Promise, Elianna," she said once more before her eyes rolled back into her head and she seized.

When they stabilised her, they retrieved the baby and my eight year old self thought she went to sleep.

I looked at papa with a smile. She was okay. She was sleeping!

When I saw papa let me go and drop to the ground, I knew then that she was not sleeping.

I jolted up from my slumber breathing heavily and shaking.

I looked back and realized I was in my prison cell which was disguised as a bedroom.

I looked beside me to see him peacefully beside me.

Tears just spewed out my eyes once I saw him.

I have to keep my promise I made to mom. I have to protect him. I can't make this psychopath get close to him.

Haze doesn't even know the world I have gotten myself in and I want it to stay that way.

He can't know that my husband is some psychopathic murderer. He thinks he's supposed to protect me but I'm the one who has to protect him.