6|My New Normal

Elianna's POV

Just go home as your husband has requested.

Papa's words repeated in my mind over and over as I sat in the back seat of this black Range Rover.

My home? My husband?

Those were new to me.

What home? What husband?

Just yesterday my home was my father's house and I was single.

Now I have a husband and a home with him.

I looked outside the window as we stopped by a security booth.

An armed man came out and Luca nodded his head to me. The man stuck his head through the window and looked at me.

I trembled in my seat.

He pulled out his head and nodded to Luca before we drove off.

I looked back as we drove further into the property.

There was a security booth at the entrance of his house?

Who the hell does this man think he is? The president?

Just when I thought things couldn't get crazier, I looked out through the windshield and saw the largest mansion I have ever seen standing right in front of us.

My jaw dropped.

I'm going to live here?

"This is ridiculous," I whispered under my breath as I got out of the car after Luca opened the door for me.

In front of me stood a white and grey luxurious mansion.

It was huge. It was twice the size of papa's mansion and quadruple the size of our house back in America.

No wonder this man needed papa's deeds so bad. How the hell did he pay for this?

At the side were smaller buildings, I guess to store the multiple cars which were randomly parked to the side.

Located in the center was a huge water fountain and then a pathway which led to the well taken garden.

I looked across to see Luca heading towards the wooden double doors which granted entrance to the mansion.

This man didn't even give me a chance to look around properly.

I held up the gigantic dress which was still on me and tried to catch up.

When we entered, there stood a team of people dressed in black suits.

A woman stepped forward. She looked like she was in her mid fifties give or take.

"Welcome home Mrs. Mariano," she asked and everyone behind her bowed.

What is with the bowing?

"Thank you," I said nervously since I was not used to all this.

"I know you have had a long day but Mr. Mariano has instructed that you get the full house tour before you retire for the night."