30|His First Date

Enzo's POV

We stayed silent as we both ate our meals.

We both ordered the pesto pasta. So far it tasted pretty good.

I scanned the restaurant with my eyes for a second time.

I didn't like being in public. I was a sitting duck out here. Anybody could be holding a gun under these tables.

However, I knew Seb and he wouldn't have picked any restaurant. He would make sure it's completely safe first but it doesn't hurt to check myself.

When I thought everything looked okay, I returned my attention back to her.

She looked very pretty in her cute dress.

I liked the way she curled her hair and how light she did her makeup.

In my opinion, the dress was too short and I didn't like the fact that her back was out so much.

However, I kept said opinion to myself because I know it would result in a fight.

I have been trying my best these days to give her space and avoid arguments.

I wake up earlier than I should and come back later than I should.

It's working and it seems like she likes it this way.

She wants to be by herself and have space. I get that.

I will give her space for our whole marriage if it's that what she wants.

I can't lose her. She is my responsibility.

I don't want her to leave and then I have to find a whole new wife and show her who I am again.

Elianna already knows who I am and what I stand for. So far she hasn't tried to run away but she made it clear to me that she will.

If that's the case then I'll give up. It will be a sign telling me to just accept my defeat.

I didn't even mean to come late. I even left work early so I could go home and take a shower but I ended up taking an hour to decide what flowers I should get her.

I didn't even decide on one in the end. I just took all.

I was starting to feel vulnerable and uncomfortable.

This time it was not because I was sitting in a building with unfamiliar people.

However, it was because she has gotten me to admit things that I had managed to hide away from.

I have not even said these things to Sebastian. I don't talk about these kind of stuff with him.

I don't talk about these kind of stuff with anybody.

Those are private and not meant to be shared yet I told her.

I stood. "Let's go."

I can't stay here any longer. I'm starting to think and I don't like thinking.

She looked up at me. "What? We haven't even gotten dessert yet."

"Dessert is an unnecessary section of dinner that only causes people to gain weight and practice unhealthy eating."

"I love dessert," she told me.

"The people here are suspicious. We should go," I said.

"Enzo," she said. "Wait!"

"What?"

"We haven't even paid the bill as yet."

I sat back down. "Oh."