16|Loveless Marriage

Elianna's POV

Sebastian parked the car in front of the entrance of the mansion after a silent car ride back.

He seemed disappointed that his plan didn't go through.

I turned to him. "I would've tried to work things out if Enzo didn't take off his ring and leave."

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything because my speech only seemed to upset him more.

"He is so shitty sometimes," he grumbled as he tightly held on to the steering wheel.

This might be the first time Sebastian was not defending his best friend.

"You know you don't have to be friends with him," I said.

"I have to. I want to! I can fix him."

I sighed. "Whoever he was before is gone now, Sebastian."

He turned away from me to look outside the window. I saw him start to wipe his face.

"Sebastian, are you crying?" I asked but he didn't answer.

When he collected himself, he spoke.

"Growing up I used to be smaller than the other kids. I was much skinner and shorter. I used to get bullied a lot but then Enzo showed up."

"He had gotten kicked out of the boys school he was in for fighting. When he came, he was absolutely terrifying. His face was always serious and the way he dressed was just bizarre. No one wanted to be anywhere near him. They used to call him 'Scary Zo'."

"One day I was being kicked as usual and then he showed up and fought all of them. After that, I started following him around and never left his side."

"Some bad things happened to him and when he finally turned 18, he moved in with my parents and I. He was never the same since and he just got worse and worse."

"Elianna, he is my best friend who saved me whenever I was in trouble and now he is in trouble, I don't know what to do. I can't do anything. I feel so helpless. The best I can do is stick to his side and let him know that I am here."

By the time Sebastian finished his story, tears filled both of our eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Sebastian. I didn't know."

"Of course you wouldn't," he said as he wiped his eyes. "I don't even know why I am crying. I don't cry. You must take me for a softie now."

I smiled before I heard loud knock on the window.

He rolled down the window and it was Enzo.

"You're blocking my driveway," he said before his eyes widened a little when he saw Sebastian crying.

Sebastian quickly wiped his eyes. "I should get going, Elianna."

He pushed Enzo's take away bag to him. "Here's your shit."

Enzo watched him keenly before taking the bag from him.

I hopped out of the car and he immediately sped off.

Now it was just Enzo and I watching each other.

I looked down at his ring finger and saw that his ring was back on.

He finally took his eyes off of me before getting back into his car.

I turned around and walked back up to our room.

To my surprise, Luca was standing there.

"Luca, what are you doing here? Two hours haven't even passed."