54|Best Family

Elianna's POV

I watched his hands shake as his focus was somewhere else.

He subconsciously did that sometimes whenever he is nervous or uncomfortable. 

I quickly slipped my hand in his. "The sun is so hot today."

We were at the community park where we planted the plants and flowers for his mother's foundation a couple of months ago.

He finally came out of whatever zone he was in to look down on me.

I smiled as I tip toed and kissed his cheek.

His face lightened up a bit as a small smile came on it. "What was that for?"

"Nothing," I said as I shook my head. "I'm just glad that we are right next to each other."

His smile grew even more bigger and his hands weren't shaking anymore.

"I'm happy that you're next to me too," he said before he bent down and showered my neck with kisses.

I wiped the tears off my face as I kissed his ring.

"We will soon meet again," I whispered under my breath.

I turned to Seb. "Can't you drive any faster?"

"This is the fastest this piece of shit can go," he told me as he stepped harder on the gas.

The one time I wanted him to drive fast, he couldn't.

"Everything is going to be okay," he told me but I didn't listen.

I didn't care if everything was going to be okay. I wanted to see everything being okay.

He turned a corner. "It's just across here. There is no guard gate like what Enzo has."

As we drove, my eyes began searching to see if Enzo was somewhere hiding.

Maybe he was scouting them out.

I held on tighter to his ring as I tried to stay strong.

My eyes widened as I saw him limping out the door with blood all over him.

"Stop the car!" I shouted.

"Wait Elle, I need to make sure-"

I stopped listening to him and unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Elle, what the hell!" He shouted as I opened the door and fell out the car.

I quickly got up off the road although I was in pain and started sprinting to him.

"Enzo!" I shouted from afar but he didn't hear me.

I pushed myself harder to run faster. "Enzo!"

Tears started to fill my eye as he stood up and watched me.

As soon as I approached him, I quickly crashed my lips on to his.

Tears fell out of my closed eyes as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back.

I was home again.

I let out all my tears as his warm body huddled me.

I quickly pulled away.

"I love you so much, Enzo," I cried. "I love you to the point where I never want to depart from you. I'll die before I allow you to separate from me again."

He broke down and his forehead fell on mine.

"Elianna," was all his could say as he cried. "I thought you didn't love me."

I shook my head. "That's not true. I have loved you since the honeymoon. I was so afraid to tell you."

He pulled me in by the waist and hugged me. "I love you so much. I was an idiot for treating you the way I did before. I never want to lose you again."

"Baby," I said as I held him tight.

I thought I would never see him again.

"I did it," he said. "Romano's dead."

I pulled back to look at his face. "Are you okay?"

He nodded his head with a smile. "Better than okay. My life is perfect."

I smiled a little before taking his hand and putting it on my stomach.

"I know something that can make it even better."

He furrowed his eyebrows as he watched my stomach before looking up to him. "You? Baby?"

I smiled as I vigorously nodded my head. "Yes, we're having a baby!"

He immediately kissed me before hugging me.

"Thank you so much, Elianna," He said as he hugged me tight.

"No, thank you," I told him as I hugged him even tighter.

I pulled back and took off my necklace with his ring on it.

"I think this belongs to you," I said as I put the ring on his ring finger.

He smiled at me. "I knew I could trust you with it."

He turned to the side. "Brother."

I also turned to see Seb standing there with tears.

Enzo opened his arms before he hugged us both. "This is the best family I could ever ask for."

The three of us instantly laughed as we hugged.

"Oh, one more thing," Enzo said. "I was shot and I'm probably going to pass out in the next three seconds."

"What?" Seb and I both shouted as Enzo fell down.