44|His Story

Enzo's POV

Fourteen years ago

"Where are you bastards taking me?" Fourteen year old me shouted as masked men dragged me into a building. "My papa will find you!"

They stayed silent as they opened one of the door.

They pulled me in and strapped me in one of the chairs.

"Help!" I shouted but all I could hear was my own echo.

The room was cold and the lights were dim.

The door opened and my godfather walked in.

"Romano, thank God!" I shouted. "These men kidnapped me."

He walked up to me and patted my head. "Be a good boy today and I won't hurt you that much."

I furrowed my eyes as I processed what he just said.

He was not here to save me?

"My papa is going to kill you when he finds us!" I shouted and he laughed.

"Looks like I have to kill him first then."

He opened the door. "Bring them in."

I turned to my left to see my mother and father being dragged in.

Their hands were tied behind their backs and they had tape on their mouths.

When they saw me, their eyes widened and they began to fight.

"Strap them down," Romano directed and the men strapped my mother and father in the chairs in front of me.

Papa mumbled something under the tape so Romano took it off.

"Why are you doing this Romano? We are best friends!" Papa shouted.

"That is true but I am tired of you always being in the spotlight," Romano admitted shamelessly.

"What is Enzo doing here? He is just a kid! We do not kill children!" My father shouted and my mother cried under the tape.

"Relax, I won't kill him. He is my godson after all. I will raise him as my own after you both suddenly disappear."

"I will not stay with you!" I shouted and he slapped me across the face.

"Tell me what Enzo is doing here, now!" Papa angrily shouted.

Romano laughed. "I can't let you guys have such a boring death. I have to make you watch the one you love most get hurt."

"I trusted you!" Papa shouted. "I gave you everything I owned in case I died!"

Romano smiled before putting back the tape on papa's mouth. "Now I'm going to destroy it all."

Romano picked up one of the steel rods from the floor and walked to the fiery furnace.

I was confused as to why my mother and father started fighting to get away.

"Take the boy's shirt off," he said as he held the rod in the lighted furnace.

I tried to come off the chair but my feet and hands were tied.

The men grabbed me and pulled off my shirt.

"Don't worry Enzo, you will get some pain killers when you get to your new home," Romano said as he walked up to me.

Fear instilled me as I saw both my mother and father crying.