Chapter 5:A swing near a lake

Lucy's P.O.V

I changed into a green dress that reached to my knees. It had purple flower designs on it, and at the end of the dress it shimmers. I hurried down the stairs, and found my way to the living room the pink haired guy was waiting in.

"Oh! Hi!" He said with a grin. He had the most brightest smile I've ever seen,but that wasn't the reason that shocked me. It's that he actually gave me a real smile. I smiled back at him and sat on the couch he was sitting on. He turned to look at me,

"So.... How did you become human?" He asked. I smiled and looked up at the ceiling.

"Well..." I started, "It all started when my dad told me about what's happening to the fish...."
I told him the whole story, and as I was telling him, I could see how shocked he was at what happened to me. At times he would stop me to ask questions, and I would have to answer them with other stories. Because of his curiosity, it took till evening to finish the story!

"So... Your a princess; royalty too?!" He shouted. I nodded and bowed my head. I could see from the right side of my view, that he kneeled down on the floor to look at my face. "... I'm sorry to hear that.... That you hade to leave your kingdom..."

"Ah it's fine... I DID wish I was human.... So I got want I wanted..." my voice started to tremble. I've been so dumb to wish for such a thing, I didn't realize I was wishing to leave my family. All this time I was too dumb to think of the consequences;leaving my family, my sisters, Levy-chan. How could I have be so stupid... Maybe that's why I deserve this, because I was stupid.

I trembled more and more each time I thought about it. Finally I began to cry as I put my hands to my face. The pink haired prince tried to calm me down as he hugged me,
"....it's ok, your going to be fine, I'll help you return to your world," he whispered. I hugged him back as tears just kept streaming down my eyes.

Natsu's P.O.V
After the blondie calmed down, I got up and looked at the tall glass window,
"Follow me. I'm gonna show you around town," I told her.

"...eh?" She replied with confusion. I looked back at her and flashed her a smile,

"You need to know where you are, right? Plus you should learn more about what humans do!" She sat still and then flashed a smile at me back,

"Yeah!"

When we stepped out of the palace, I asked one of the guards to get me a carriage. I sat on one of the seats while patting my hand on it, telling the princess to sit on it. She hesitantly did, as the horseman whipped the horse for it to move forward.
"Where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see," I replied back, grinning at her.

While we were waiting in the carriage that moved at a slow pace, I jumped a bit as I remembered something. What's the blonde's name...?
"Uh.... I forgot to ask you! What's your name?" I asked her, scratching my head.

"Ah!" She shouted with sudden realization. "Um... L-Lucy. W-what's your name?"

"Natsu."

--minutes laterrrrr----

The carriage finally stopped at the assigned place. I stepped out of the carriage as I lend my hand out to Lucy. She took it as she skipped out of the vehicle.
"Wow! This place is amazing!!!" She said in awe as she clapped her hands together.
"I know right? I always come here when I feel a bit down."

Lucy's P.O.V
This place... Is incredible! Right in front of me is a shimmering lake with a bridge pathway in the middle of it. Then at the grassy areas, there were orange or red flower trees that had grown on them. The sun shone Brightly on the trees, showing more detail on the leaves rustling. There were not a lot of people, but some of them were in boats, fishing. The weather was a perfect warm and cool mix atmosphere. I could feel the wind on my body slowing passing through.
"Here. Take my hand," said Natsu
As he stood in front of me with his hand out. I took it as he ran, dragging me toward the bridge. He kneeled on the bridge as he looked up. I could see that the sun started to shine on his salmon hair, making it look light pink. His onyx-green eyes shimmered as he was looking at the clear blue sky. He let go of my hand and put it on my shoulder. Then he looked at me.
"So, how do you feel about this place, Luce?" He asked patting my shoulder.

"Luce?" I asked him. What's up with the sudden nickname ?

"Yeah! Luce sounds better."

"...ok...."

"Well? You like this place?"

"Yeah! It's amazing! It feels so great here, I could easily sleep on the grass under the trees."

"Hey, speaking of trees, wanna go on a swing?" I looked at him with a questioning look,

"W-what's a swing...?" I asked him. He looked at me, a bit shocked,

"YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHATS A SWING?!!" He shouted. The very small population of people turned around to the sudden noise.

"Ahaha, Natsu you're gathering unwanted attention-" before I could finish, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me again. He dragged me towards a tree. On one of the branches, two ropes hanged on it, and a rectangular piece of wood was tied to them at the end.
"... So... What do you do on this... Swing?" I asked, quite puzzled.

"Well, sit on it," he replied, pointing at the wood part of it. I hesitantly sat on it.

".... Then what? Don't tell me THATS it." Is it just a chair hanging to a tree?

He walked behind me. I turned my head to look at him smirking.
"Hold on to the ropes tightly," he ordered. I did as he told. Then he suddenly pushed my back, and I was.... Swinging back and forth.
Ah. So That's why it's called a swing!

Whenever I was swung up, I felt I was flying. It was so overwhelming to feel this experience, that I started laughing with joy. Natsu giggled at my reaction as he pushed me harder for me to be swung higher. I laughed harder the higher I went. Being on land is so much fun! You can experience things that you can't in water. I guess I do feel happy here.... I feel... Free.

Thanks, Natsu, for trying to cheer me up.