Chapter 25: Friendly help

Lucy's P.O.V

"Ya sure she'll be alright, man? Did you even see what happened?! If that had happened to me I would've cursed myself so much..."

"She'll be fine. Her head didn't crash enough for me to patch some stitches. She's one lucky girl, I say..."

I woke up to the sound of two men talking. I sleepily opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. Ugh... Where am I... My head hurts so much... I touched my head and realized some fabric was wrapped around it. Huh... What is this...

"Oh! She's awake!" I heard one of the men say. I struggled a bit to sit up straight, in the end I had to lean on the wall behind me.

"Hey... Are you feeling well?" A guy with glasses asked. At that moment, my brain finally adjusted and realized what was going on. I was sitting on a white bed that didn't even have sheets to cover me or pillows for me to lay my head on. It seemed to me that I was in one of the houses the people in town lived in.
Like as if he read my mind, a black haired man clarified it for me,

"Sorry that you had no pillows to lay on. You see, when everyone evacuated, they packed everything they needed." He had a scar on his left cheek.
I slowly turned my head back to the glasses man. I narrowed my eyes and looked at him carefully, I feel like I've seen him before...
Then the realization hit me like cold water splashing on my face. He was the guy who had caught me when I collapsed.

"Ah... I need to... Go..." I mumbled and slowly climbed off the bed. The glasses boy quickly ran over and helped me stand.

"Hey, just so you know, a few hours ago you had crashed into a building and collapsed. You still need to get your strength back," he said. The one with the scar, who stood in front of us, nodded his head in agreement.

"I know, but don't you think resting for a few hou- wait WHAT?!!" I suddenly panicked realizing how much time went by. A few hours?! No! I have to go see Natsu! I have to...
"I have to go now! I have to see him!"

"Woah, woah, calm down! Got a boyfriend or something?" The glasses guy joked. Though it may have been my imagination, he seemed kind of disappointed too. What...

"It's chaos outside right know. The floods are getting bigger and will probably reach the town. It had already reached the streets near the shore and now the mer-people are gathering up all the mermen they have to reach the town inside the walls. They are slowly yet steadily making their way to the center of the kingdoms-- which is the three United Castles," the scar guy stated. He looked outside a window behind him. "Well since we are in the town inside the great walls... We should probably get moving. It seems that not only the floods are getting near, but the cannon balls are ready to fire." He took a small suitcase left on the ground near the bed and started packing things in it. Things like... Potions? No.... Did Wendy call it Medicines? Well, Medicines and also rolled fabric. I think it was the fabric that was also wrapped around my head.
The scar guy shut the suitcase and carried it by its handle.

"Well, let's get going," he said and smiled. The glasses guy and the scar guy made their way outside but-

"Um! May... Is it ok if you tell your names..?" I interrupted them. They both stopped and smiled at me.

"Yosh! My name is Loke," the glasses man said. Then he pointed to the scar guy, "and this stiff man is Mest."

"Hey.. In not that stiff..." Mest Muttered.