Chapter 16:True friend

Lucy's P.O.V

I woke up from my bed and made my way over to the bathroom.

"It's Thursday," I mumbled as I looked at my face in the mirror.
The days are going by quickly.

I tried to brush my teeth and take a shower. Brushing my teeth was easier to do since Natsu could be there to help me; taking a shower I had to learn by myself.

When I was done cleansing myself, I put on light blue flowing dress and made my way downstairs.

"I like the dress you're wearing today, miss," one of the maids called out while I was making my way to the dining room.

"Ah... Thanks!" I quickly called back.

--
When I entered the dining room, the whole Igneel  family was there.

"Ah! Lucy! You're here! Is it ok if you sit next to me..?" Wendy asked.

"Sure!" I smiled and did what she asked.

"Bacon and eggs are served," a butler said as he put a silver plate in the table.

"Thanks, let's eat!" King Igneel said.

"Ok!" The rest of us called out.
.
.
.
.
.

This is creepy. And intense.

Queen Grandine's Kept staring at me, and Natsu wouldn't take his eyes from the plate. He was eating his food pretty slowly, too. Then there was King Igneel, who kept looking up like he wanted answers from some sort of riddle.

At least Wendy was fine.

"Hey, Wendy, do you want to hang around with me after eating?" I asker her. I'd rather hang around with her at this time.

Her eyes brighten up,
"Of course!"

--
"The beach...?" I asked as I jumped out of the chariot and stared at the sight.

"Yeah! I've always liked the beach! Plus we should enjoy our time here before the evacuation. We wouldn't be able to come back here till after the war..." She explained.

"I see..."

I took off my light blue shoes and let my feet sink in the sand. I ran over to the shore, Wendy following right behind me.

We both dropped on the water and splashed water everywhere. We giggled and laughed.
We didn't care if we got wet, we just wanted to have fun in the mist of all the troubles.

"Waah~! This is so relaxing and fun at the same time!" Wendy exclaimed. "Thanks, for hanging around with me, Lucy-San."

"No problem. It's just that Natsu, Queen Grandine, and King Igneel seemed tense. I wonder what happened..." I mumbled back.

She sat up and looked up to me,

"It's true,huh... I wonder if Natsu got into big trouble or something. But it seemed worse that even that..."

We both sighed at the same time. We looked at each other and started giggling.

I looked up to the sky with a sincere smile.
Wendy is Such a nice girl...

I think it's time I tell her.

"Say, Wendy...." I started off, "what if.... What if I were a... A mermaid...?"

She quickly shot her head back at me,
"Eh?!"

"What would you do?" I started to get more serious. She gulped and looked away.

"If that were the case, I guess I would be really happy. And I bet we would still be really great friends." she smiled at the thought.

I started tearing up a bit, a little scared to tell her.

"Wendy, im.... I-I'm... A mermaid...." I stuttered.

She shot her head back at me again.

"EH?!!!" She screamed. "You're kidding, right...?"

I closed my eyes and shook my head.
"...."

After a moment of silence, I opened one eye, peeking to see what her reaction was. She was just staring at me with no emotion. I opened the other eye,

"Wendy...?"

She came closer to me and hugged me. I gasped a bit.

"I feel... Sad and happy at the same time," she confessed.

"Why do you feel sad?"
I asked. She pulled back, showing her tears.

"I feel sad for you," she started talking, "I feel sad for what you have to go through. I can't imagine how you would feel knowing that the war is coming soon. Your whole family, friends, are in danger! Even if that's the case here too, even though they were the ones who started it, don't you think they would be as scared? As terrified? And I bet you are scared for both the mermaids and the humans now."

I couldn't keep it in anymore. The tears kept flowing from my eyes.

"I- I just don't know what to do anymore! I don't know what side I'm on, and I don't know where to go after the evacuation!" I wailed. Wendy hugged me again. I hugged her back and kept on crying.

"It's ok, Lucy-San. I will be there for you. Even if you have to leave. Let's just go back home for now, ok?" Wendy said, trying to comfort me.

"O-ok..."

Wendy is a truly great friend.

--
I made it! Made it!

Author here!! It was quite fun to do this chapter, I love it so much! Sorry if it's a bit short, but this'll actually lead to more interesting chapters. Thank you for reading it! Please continue to vote, comment and share!