Chapter 21: the day before tommorow

Lucy's P.O.V

I went over to the calendar on the side wall once I woke up. I sucked in a deep breath,

"It's Saturday." My heart was thumping so much at the time. I was going to leave the next day. 
I'm leaving tomorrow...

To calm myself down, I thought that maybe going to the library would be the best. I quickly brushed my teeth and changes into a long flowing white dress with pink flower designs on it. Then I headed over to the Dragneel library, which was one floor above me.

---
I looked through some books on the shelves as I stood on the ladder. I was humming random tunes that were coming in my head.
Natsu had showed me before where the Dragneel library was during free times. It may not have looked like it, but recently he had been called over to his fathers office a lot of times. It's probably because he had to discuss about the war that was coming very soon.

I noticed that there was an interesting book on the right side of me. I tried to lean over to try get it, but instead, I slipped and fell from the ladder. I closed my eyes shut expecting a terrible landing, but instead I landed on something softer that the floor.
I opened my eyes and saw that I had landed on top of Natsu.

"N-Natsu!" I exclaimed. He groaned as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Luce..." He mumbled.

"Y-yeah?"

"You should be more careful of your surroundings." He gave me a stern face. I gulped and stood up to give him some space. He got up as well and rubbed the back of his head.

"S-sorry about that..." I mumbled. He looked in to my eyes before giving me a bright and radiant smile,

"There's nothing to apologize for!"

I noticed that the interesting book was in the ground and picked it up.

"The ancient times of the mer-people..." Natsu read the title of the book as he came and looked over my shoulder. I looked up at him,

"You had a book like this?" I questioned.

"We have all sorts of books," he replied, "even books you can't find from a normal library. After all, this is the Dragneel library. We're known for the knowledge of lots of mysteries."

"I can see that, I don't even know about my species' history."

"Seriously? Not even a bit?"

"I only know that the Mer-people and humans were enemies ever since they found each other."

"... I see... Well, go ahead and read it! I didn't know that we had a book like this myself--I've been through this library a hundred times and read lots of other mysteries, but never have I found this book." Natsu stated as he shook my shoulders.

"Alright! Alright!" I shouted. I opened the book and saw...

"What the hell? The book is filled of empty pages," Natsu cursed as he took the book from me and flipped through all the pages, puzzled."This is so weird!"

I became impatient as Natsu just kept jumping up and down, trying to find ways to get words on the book.

"Natsu, obviously this book is just some imaginative thing that's supposed to teach you on being creative or something," I tried to take the book back from him, but he just held it higher and higher so I can't reach it, "Now can I have the book back so I can put it on the--"