Chapter 22: hanging out with friends

Natsu's P.O.V

I took her hand and smiled at her before walking out the door. Lucy seemed to be a little confused about the whole situation. After all, she was leaving the next day and she found this book that could lead her to more information than she thought she would ever know. Plus, she was supposed to be a mermaid, and she was leaving to another land or country as a human.

I clutched the fist I wasn't holding Lucy's hand with as my eyes filled with determination.
I promised Lucy that she would return to her homeland and I wasn't going to end things like this.

--

"Lucy- San! Natsu!" Wendy exclaimed as she ran towards us, waving her hand high above her head.

"Yo, Wendy!" I called back as I ran and bend down to hug the little girl. She giggled, hugged back for a second and pulled away to look at Lucy. Geez, she could have at least hugged her big bro for a few more seconds....

"Hi there, Wendy," Lucy said as she looked down from that book she was reading and smiled at her.

"Today is your last day, right? I wish you could stay here forever!" Wendy ran over to Lucy and hugged her. Lucy staggered back for a bit before hugging her back. They stood there hugging each other for a while.  Wendy.... Why won't you pay more attention to your big bro?

They pulled back and looked at me,

"Where are we going?" They both asked at the same time, smiling excitedly to know where this place I was leading them to.

"Well, first, let's pick up that ice Popsicle."

---

"YO, GRAY ICE COLOR PAINT!" I called as I slammed his bedroom door open.

"Wha- is that supposed to be a pun?!!!" He shouted as he fell of his bed, but caught himself with his hand and jumped back on his feet.

"Gray... Could you please... Put on some clothes?...." Lucy said as she blushed and looked away. It was true-- Gray was only in his dark gray boxers.

"Ah! Sorry!" He exclaimed  as he searched his closet recklessly, trying to find the right clothes. "Why did you guys barge into my bedroom without letting me know anyways?!!"

"Oh, sorry we forgot," I replied and took Wendy and Lucy's hands. I exited Gray's bedroom, dragging the girls with me and closed the door.
"Ahem," l cleared my throat and knocked on the door. "Hey Gray, is it ok if we come in?"

".... Ok, I get it! Just come in already!" Gray shouted as I heard a thump from the other side. Is that man alright in the head?

I slammed the door open,

"Wassup, ice pop!" I exclaimed again. I could see veins popping out of his forehead.

"What is it that you want?"

"Welllll, since Lucy is leaving tomorrow, I thought we could all just hang out together." I patted Lucy on  the back. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Oh, right. So... Where are we all going?" Gray asked as he finally zipped on his jacket.

I grinned so proudly.

--
"Wow... Natsu, how did you find this place?!!" Wendy exclaimed before running around, giggling and rolling in the grass. I had brought them through the forest, showing the secret path way to a wonderful cave. It had a waterfall in it with a lake to go with it, the ground covered with grass. There was a hole at the top of the cave, letting light slip in and brighten up the whole place.