LUCY

Breeze.
A slight breeze had past through my face. I moaned and shuffled to my right, trying to keep myself sleeping. A melodic giggle passed its way to my ears, which made the corners of my mouth turn slightly upwards. I peeked an eye open, and saw a radiant lady, with golden hair tied in a loose bun. Her smile was soft and her eyes were so mesmerizing. She stroked her thumb across my cheek, a relaxed sigh escaping from her lips. I rolled on the grass to try get up from its welcoming state, the tips of green slightly tapping my whole body as a wind would pass by.

"Mmmorning." I managed to say as I sat up and hugged the lady. She hummed and stroked my short blonde hair. Shortly after, I let go and stood up with her.

"Well, mom, what do you have to show me today?" I asked her. Mom tucked a stand of hair behind her ear,

"Nothing much. I've pretty much shown you everything this past year."

I gasped and put a hand to my mouth. My eyes widened as a sweat slowly dripped from my forehead.

"Has it really been that long...?" I whispered. She chuckled and smiled, nodding her head,

"A year and three months, to be exact. Maybe I kept you here for a little longer than I should have, but I really wanted to show you everything. I mean, look at this place!" Her arms shot up to the vast fields of green, and beautiful colors of the skies. The fields had patched of yellow that looked like they where soon to become a healthy color like the rest, in a few days. The flowers on the ground were a mix of daisies and dandelion. I looked up at the sky and saw beautiful shapes of clouds through out the whole scenery. The sky was a faded dark blue at the very top, and then it blended into variations of pinks, purples and oranges. The sun was peeking slowly from the horizon, bring in its warmth on yellow.

My eyes softened and I crossed my arms, hugging myself. It was reasonable.... The place was wonderful. When I had gotten frozen in the tube that Aquarius had put me in that day, I woke up in a field of yellow grass, under a tree. Crying, I had stood up and called for help. I didn't know why I was crying- was it of pain and sorrow from past experiences? No, at the time I hadn't really thought of anything, it was almost like I was born into life again. I saw my mother stand in the distance as I called for help... She ran over to hug me, crying of joy. She was so happy to see me, she said she was waiting for me. Why? Why was she waiting for me...?

Sometimes I'd think this whole thing was an illusion and that none of this was really happening; that in reality, I'm stuck in that tube frozen in time while shutting myself away from the world.

I bit my bottom lip and buried my face in between my legs. I felt like throwing up for some reason. Even though it felt like I've been in the fields forever and that I'm used to it, I really wanted to get out of there. Mom patted my back, trying to calm my racing heart,

"You feel like throwing up right?" She asked. I nodded. "That's the feeling when it's time to go back to the world. It's when you've finally gathered up all the sadness of the ocean in your heart so that you can keep protecting it. Because of that, you can no longer contain more of the sadness. You've done your job, Lucy. You concealed the war between Man and the mer-people. Now all are living peacefully, and now so can you."

"Then what about you...?" I asked. As much as I wanted to go, I wanted mom to be part of it. It was selfish, but I couldn't help but want. Mom gave off a sad smile,

"I'll have to stay. But I know that one day, when your old or you have reached your time, you'll see me again," she caressed my cheek as a tear dripped onto her hand. Big droplets of tears were spilling down my face. No, it can't be...