Chapter 2

(Ana's POV)

"W-what?"

"What do you mean my wife's not pregnant?  She has all the symptoms.  Morning sickness, sensitive nipples, tiredness"

"I'm sorry but the pregnancy test our nurse Teri took with her urine sample came back negative"

"That's bull shit, you're lying" Christian hisses.

"Mr. Grey I..."

"Do it again!"  He demands.

CPOV

I sit there and watch as Dr. Greene hurries herself out of the exam room.  The door closes behind her.  There is a lot of commotion going on outside the hallway.  I glance over at Ana.  She looks....stunned.  Like the whole world just crashed before her eyes.  She isn't moving.  As she stares off into space tears begin to run down her face.

I wrap my arms around her.  She still doesn't move.  I was sure by now she would have buried her face into my neck but she hasn't.  She just remains staring at the wall. 

Moments later Dr. Greene comes back into the exam room.  She has the same look upon her face as she did when she left to go do another text.

"Well?"

She closes her eyes and slowly shakes her head while saying, "I'm sorry"

"It can't be.  How is it possible she can't be pregnant?  She has all the signs"

"Mrs. Grey is suffering from a false pregnancy"

"A miscarriage?"

"No Mr. Grey not a miscarriage a false pregnancy.  The technical term for it is called Pseudocyesis.  It's when a woman believes that she is pregnant but isn't really carrying a fetus.  Women that have Pseudocyesis have many, if not all symptoms of pregnancy.  This unusual condition accounts for one to six out of every 22,000 live births" Dr. Greene explains.

"I'm sorry.  I still don't understand.  How could this happen to my wife?"

"The exact causes are unknown as to why this happens to women.  Some of my colleagues suspect that it's the psychological factors that tricks the body into thinking that it's pregnant"

"Psychological factors?"

"Yes.  When a woman, in this case Mrs. Grey feels an intense desire to get pregnant, her body started to produce some signs of pregnancy.  Such as sensitive breasts, tiredness, and morning sickness.  The woman's brain then misinterprets those signals as pregnancy, and triggers the release of hormones that lead to actual pregnancy symptoms"