ending

before we begin keep in mind that this is one of the endings, so you guys choose which ending you like better 🫶🏻

3 years skip time•
I was sitting on the bench in jail, waiting for officer to come so he could let me out of jail, i got 3 years of prison since i didn't killed lot of people, but i guess i'm not so excited to go home since i have no one to see anymore. I haven't been in contact with the group which is completely understandable since i made them go through hell again.
I don't expect them to forgive me, but i need to see y/n's grave.
Because all days i have spend here, there is not one day i haven't thought about y/n
i don't really know what i'm gonna say to her when i see her, but all i knew right now is that i needed to see her.

i flipped phone out of my pocket as i dialed chad's number. The phone was ringing but no one answered me, i knew he won't answer me but it was worth a try, i called everyone from the group but no one answered, my last hope was anika. i dialed anika's number and called her, she answered, saying "leave us alone" and "stop calling us" i tried to ask her if she can tell me where y/n's grave is but she just said "leave y/n out of this too" and hung up the phone.
i didn't get the answer out of her, since i was devastated i went to every single grave i knew in new york, but i couldn't find her, soon the night came and i had to go to back to the hotel room.

as i was walking late at night back to the hotel room i looked to saw brown/blonde
haired girl walking straight from me, and for a moment i thought i saw y/n, no she can't be y/n is dead.
i just continued walking to my hotel until i settled in my room.
i tried to sleep but i couldn't all that keep me awake at night is y/n.
I know i have to let her go but how do you say goodbye when your heart still wants to hold on?
I finally fell asleep..

i woke up to birds singing... that was strange.
the days have passed and all i did was search for y/n, for her grave.
i didn't find her i searched every single grave in new york, still didn't find her.
It's so hard not to think about her.
there was before her, and there was during her, for some reason i never thought there would be an after her.
but there it was, and i was in it.

i got dressed and went to walk around
y/n's apartment,the only thing i had left that reminded me of her.
i walked around her apartment and the only thing i could think about was her.
i kept thinking to myself we will see each other again, if not in this life then in another maybe.
just as i was walking around i was deep in my thoughts until i bumped into someone.
I looked to see who it was but my head started hurting like crazy, i almost fell.

"oh my god are you okay?" i heard familiar voice say.
i looked to see who it was and when i saw her my heart shattered into million pieces.
i stared at her in shock, i didn't say a word and then she smiled at me, after all this years she still has a hold of me.
"y/n?" i hardly get myself to speak.
"yeah, i'm sorry do i know you?" she said,smiling at me.
that words were like a knife to my chest..
she is alive?
and she doesn't remember me..
I wanted to tell her, i wanted to tell her everything but i just couldn't
"um no you don't i'm ethan landry"
i said, trying to keep from her my shock.
"nice to meet you ethan landry" she said winking at me.

i stared at her,admiring her beauty.
i couldn't tell her anything if she found out she would never talk to me again.
i know i'm being selfish for not telling her but i have changed, i'm not "ghostface killer" anymore.
and i couldn't stand losing her all over again after all this years i thought she was dead.
we just were looking at each other until anika appeared from nowhere.

"oh my god" anika said.
she grabbed my arm and pulled me away from y/n, y/n looking at me confused.
"what are you doing here i thought i told you to stay away from y/n" anika yelled at me. "I thought she was dead all this years, all this years no one told me she is alive"
"yeah well you don't deserve to know she is alive" she said, again like a knife to my chest.
"you know i love her more than anything"
"oh my god ethan stay away from her and i shouldn't be talking to you either since you tried to kill me" anika said.
"just please tell me what happened that night at least i deserve to know that" i told her, waiting for her answer.

•flashbacks•
suddenly the ambulance came in, running to us the doctors tried to move away sam tara and anika but they didn't let them, they didn't want to leave
y/n's body. The doctors finally moved them away and took y/n still trying to save her.
tara anika and sam fell on their knees as they saw the doctors taking away
y/n from them.

•anika's version•
the doctors took away y/n.
tara and i followed them all the way to the ambulance car, we got in with her, doctors trying to save her life while going to the hospital. After many many tries she begin to breathe again, they got her immediately at the hospital bed, she immediately had to go to surgery in chance of surviving, tara and me patiently waited in front of the door all 6 hours.
After 6 hours surgery the doctor got out and said she made it out alive.
but he said he has bad news too.

after all this damage and trauma she lost some of her memories.
which means she doesn't remember moments that made her go through hell which also included you your dad and quinn. So i'm begging you if you love her stay away from her i don't want her to go through that trauma all over again.

•back to ethan's pov•
i looked at anika shocked with all the informations she said to me just now.
i don't want to hurt her again but i can't stay away from her too.
and doesn't everyone make mistakes?
everyone deserve second chance.
anika walked away from me and grabbed y/n's hand pulling her away from my sight.
i know it's going to be impossible to be with y/n again but i have to take that risk.

•y/n's pov• later that night•
i was finishing watching a movie with tara and anika.
i suddenly felt like taking a walk.
i got up from the couch and told them i was going to take a late night walk.
the night was warm and beautiful so i felt the urge to just go out.
y/n:hey i might head out i wanna take a late night walk
anika:by yourself?
y/n:yeah i mean i have this crazy feeling
that i was always taking a late night walk with someone before but i can't remember with who
tara:it was probably sam
y/n:yeah maybe you are right i just remember that i was having so much fun with that person
anika:yeah it was probably sam or chad
y/n:alright anyway i'm out of here
tara:see ya
i walked away from my apartment and went out.
i walked around the new york streets.

•ethan's pov•
another sleepless night, but this time i can't just get out of my room and ask y/n for a late night walk.
This time i gotta do it all alone.
I got up from my bed and grabbed first hoodie that i saw before going out.

•play here "born to die" by:lana del rey•

i miss my late night walks with y/n, when there was just two of us, when we could talk about anything in the world, when we could dance all night, when she was looking at the stars but only thing i could see was her.
i wanted to remind myself of all the good times i had with her so i decided to take a walk to our places.
i was just walking around and then the rain started. After 10 minutes it was pouring and i could barely see anything i quickly looked for places with roof so i could hide.
I finally found shop so i quickly ran to hide from the rain, i saw some girl also hiding
from rain. When i turned to look at her all the power went off. It was completely dark now. The girl pulled out her phone and turned on the flash on her phone.
i did too.
I finally looked to see who it was

it was y/n.
"oh hey ethan landry such a strange way of running into you" she smiled.
"yeah i agree" i smiled at her.
"so since we are in this mess all alone and we don't know when the power will be back on mind telling me something about yourself i'm bored anyway" she said.
"I have a better idea" i said.
she waited for me to tell her what my idea was. "let's dance" i said remembering all the times i was dancing with her, all the times i had her in my arms.
"you are insane it's pouring" she said, laughing.
"yeah so dance with me in the rain" i said, yelling so she could hear me.
she just started laughing and i grabbed her hand.
we started dancing and she was just laughing all the time.
i guess our story begins here.
it's not the end it's far from it.

it's not the best ending tho, i didn't have motivation which ending do you like better?