GOAL NINE

After Y/N had scored another goal for Team B, the scores were now:

Team A vs Team B
              1 - 2

Everyone then began heading back to the centre of the field to restart again, when Karasu suddenly approached the (h/c) haired male. 

"What happened?" Karasu question.

"The fuck do you mean?"

"Your leg, what happened to it? When I received your pass, it didn't seem to be as strong as before," Karasu pointed out. 

"Shit bro I suddenly became very good at passing," Y/N shrugged casually. He was actually dying inside. 

"Bullshit. You're the shitiest at passing, you think I don't know?" Karasu called the (h/c) haired male out.

"Hey hey I use to be a middle fielder you know?" the (h/c) haired male argued.

"But you've changed  L/N, you're a striker now. You've changed so goddamn much that I've had to recalculate everything about you. The image of 'L/N Y/N' the middle fielder has been completely erased already. Your passes are no longer the same."

"The fuck does that have to do with you? This is Blue Lock," Y/N grabbed Karasu's shoulder and continued, his hot breath spraying against Karasu's ear, "as long as we win- as long as I score it doesn't fucking matter what  I was." 

"This is about you leg, not what you use to play as," Karasu grabbed the (h/c) haired male's wrist.

"Chigiri can keep running even though it could cost his leg forever, and so can I," Y/N snatched his wrist back from Karasu's hold and made him way to his position.

Restart

"Lukewarm small fry," Rin received the ball from Shido and began to move forwards.

"Use me again Rin," Isagi appeared by Rin's side however, Karasu blocked his way which lead to Rin ignoring him and passing the Hiori. The two of them then began passing back and forth while advancing forwards until Rin made it close to the goal.

"I'll stop you!" Chigiri ran in front of the goal and blocked Rin.

"Pass it number one!" Shido ran towards the two of them with the intention to score with a pass from Rin.

"Shido you motherfucker I'm gonna devour you for my fucking ankle!" Y/N appeared from behind while grinning manically as if he really planned to absolutely obliterate Shido.

"Let's play~" Shido smiled and happily welcomed Y/N's appearance. 

While everyone was surrounding Rin, he was able to see his next move. He kicked the ball in between Shido's legs while Shido blocked everyone else for him which surprised everyone.

Team A vs Team B
              2 - 2 

'Oh, he got even better,'  Y/N let out a whistle and stared at Rin's figure when said male's piercing sharp eyes made contact with his own (e/c) ones. Y/N could tell that Rin seemed a little mad. 

"Stop the match," Rin's voice broke the silence of the field and turned the stunned players confused. "There's something wrong with Y/N's ankle." 

"Wha- how did you know Rin?" Isagi asked.

"When he passed to Karasu before Karasu was able to receive it easily, even I who has played with him ever since he changed into a striker cannot do that. And also he told Shido that he was going to devour Shido because of his ankle," Rin explained.

"Nah bro you just deaf I didn't say shit-" Y/N cut himself off when Rin suddenly kneeled in front of him and pulled his right sock down, revealing the icepack.

"You think I'm fucking stupid Y/N?" Rin glared at the (h/c) haired male. 

"I can still play Rin- fuck that shit hurts bro!" Y/N flinched as the green eyed male gripped his ankle as if it was a warning. 

"Do you think you can still play?" Rin gave the (h/c) haired male's ankle another squeeze, making the other other male hold onto his shoulder in pain. 

"First you gave me a perma ban for forcing me to leave mid match and now this?" Y/N winced from the pain. 

"Don't hurt yourself anymore," Rin then let go of his ankle and stood up. 

"Didn't I score just before?" I can-"

"L/N Y/N will be taken off the match because of a twisted ankle," the voice from the speakers ended anymore arguments the (h/c) haired male had. 

"Want to move off yourself or want me to carry you?" questioned Rin.

"No thanks bro, I ain't cheating on my uber," Y/N refused the offer and walked off himself, remembering his old uber, Kurosaki- no Kunigami- no fuck it it's Kurosaki. 

"All positions in top 6 will all be moved one up starting from Otoya Eita. Team B will now be Karasu Tobito and Otoya Eita. Team C will now be Yukimiya Kenyu and Nagi Seishiro. L/N Y/N will be taken off for recovery." 

"... Now isn't that shit?" Y/N mumbled and clenched his fist. "Chigiri gotta have pretty privileges or something." 

"His legs are currently more functional than yours," Ego spoke from the speakers.

"How the fuck could a person with a twisted ankle be worse than someone with legs that could no longer recover completely?" Y/N question with a scoff while walking with his arm on the wall, trying to support himself.

"That's doesn't look like just a twisted ankle. You should join the entertainment industry for being able to act so normal with a fractured  ankle."

"Hah, I'd rather become a comedian."

"... Comedians are apart of the entertainment industry."

"..."

"Do me a favour and never  become a scientist or something that requires having more than three braincells you diamond in the rough," and just like that, Ego no longer bothered with Y/N and went back to observing the match between Team A and Team B.

"L/N," a familiar woman with short brown hair approached him with people carrying a stretcher following behind, "nice to meet you again. I am Teieri Anri, a staff of Blue Lock, please get on the stretcher we will be taking you to get your ankle checked properly."

"I can walk by myself."

"Please take this seriously and don't push yourself. You must understand that an ankle fracture is very serious and in some cases it can even require multiple surgeries for it to get better. You are a soccer player and your future depends on yours legs, please just get on the stretcher," Anri spoke with a very serious expression.

"... Ok." 

As Y/N was getting carried away by the stretcher, he stared at the plain white ceiling. He was sweating a lot and looked very tired. He was in immense pain, a consequence of insisting on playing with a fractured ankle. He had quite great endurance, but that didn't mean that he didn't feel the pain.

'Would my ankle still be ok even if I kept forcing it to move even with a fracture? Could this be... the end of my soccer career? Or maybe... the end of my time in Blue Lock?'

TO BE CONTINUED...