GOAL ELEVEN

Noel Noa, a world class soccer player who had beaten Christiano Ronaldo is someone born with the gift of being ambidextrous. He is able to shoot with both legs so if Wild Card is a place to recreate Noel Noa's talent, then that means what you learn in Wild Card is how to shoot with your non-dominate leg. For most players, that would be the lefty shot. 

Although Y/N is someone without proper goals and doesn't have the desire to become the world's best striker like the other competitors in Blue Lock, he hates the feeling of being left behind. He knows what it feels like to be a monster, watching as your teammates slowly become trash to you but, he does not want to be that trash

'Lefty shot...'  Y/N stood using his crutches, lifting his left leg back and swinging it forwards to kick the ball, it missed. 'If I learn this will I get to play against him?'

He kicked the ball again. It missed.

'I want to play against him again'

Again he swung his leg but the ball missed.

'I want to play...'

Once again it missed.

'... How long has it been?'

Not even close.

'I want to play against...' 

Again and again...

'I want to play against.... Itoshi Sae...'

It missed. 

"Whoa Y/N!" Kunigami quickly caught the (h/c) haired male before he collapsed on the ground, no longer being able to stand with the support of his crutches. 

He was out of breath, panting, shaking and sweating all over but all he did was wipe his sweat and say, "too weak. I'm too fucking weak." 

"Hold up I'll go get you some water," Kunigami helped him onto a bench and left to get him some water. 

On the bench, Y/N head was lowered, a towel on top of his head which made him look incredibly depressed but let's be real, who isn't? 

'I can't...'  Y/N grabbed onto the end of the towel and threw it off his head, 'I can't afford to lose my chance of playing against him again,'  he picked up his crutches and made his way back on the field. 

He wanted to try again, he wanted to score. If he can't score... then is he even a striker worthy of going against Itoshi Sae?  He had entered Blue Lock, ignoring the message from Sae but if he can't even play or score against Sae, then he's just fucking lukewarm

'Please...' 

He kicked the ball, once again it missed.

'One chance....' 

And again.

'I just need one chance...'

And again.

'Please let me prove to you....'

And again.

'That I'm a fucking striker.' 

Y/N winded his left leg back, swinging back forward again with lots of power, making it spin rapidly and go in a direction that would definitely be out but in the last moment, it curved and went right in. 

A curve ball, he had kicked a curve ball with his left foot. There was still a chance for him. 

In that moment, Kunigami who had returned from the cafeteria with water... had witnessed the ascension of a monster. A monster when given the chance to evolve, can become a demon. They never said that all monsters were wingless after all, and neither are demons. 

'He just keeps growing stronger...'  Kunigami clutched the water bottle in his hand tightly. 'I want to become strong too...' 

"Oi Ego," Y/N turned to stare at the speaker on the wall, "if I can develop my left foot's shooting skills more, can I play in the U-20 vs Blue Lock Eleven match?"

"That depends on you," the voice of ego sounded in the room. "L/N Y/N... are you willing to risk your entire soccer career just for a chance to play?"

"Of course..." Y/N smiled, remembering the memory of a younger him watching a boy with reddish brown hair playing on the field.

The boy on the field was spectacular- a being that could only be described as 'perfection'. The way he moved so smoothly as if he was water dancing with the flow of the wind was just... completely mesmerising. In that memory, while Y/N was watching the the boy on the field play, had made eye contact with another boy, a boy with black hair and long eyelashes that the boy on the field also seemed to have. 

Y/N's eyes softened at the memory, "the reasons why I started playing is there after all." 

"... Did I ask?" questioned Ego. What a mood breaker.

"Nah but I answered anyways."

"..." Ego no longer replied through the speakers.

"Y/n," Kunigami called out to the (h/c) haired male.

"Yes Kurosa- Kunigami?" Y/N corrected himself. Can't risk having his uber mad and refusing to carry him while he's in crutches now can he? He felt like if he were to walk too far right now his legs would snap in two as if someone said 'step on a crack break yo mama's back' but instead replace the 'yo mama' and 'back' with him and his legs. 

"I need help with something," spoke Kunigami.

Y/N looked down at his ankle then back at Kunigami while holding his crutches, "well I can't do much right now but if I can I'll try."

Fucking liar. He just did a curve ball with his left leg while supporting himself with crutches. And do you know who say that shit first handed? Kunigami, the fucking uber. 

"I just wanna know how to get stronger. When I played with Chigiri and Reo, even after having a great team we lost. Then after that Reo and I were still able to do well as a team, but we lost again," Kunigami clenched his fists, remembering his devastating losses. "Just... just why can't I win? "

"Kunigami, do you remember how you ended up here?" 

"Because I lost..." Kunigami grit his teeth.

"No, it's because you weren't chosen," Y/N's words seemed to wake Kunigami up. "Kunigami, you told me that you had lost twice in the 2nd selection because you had played as a team and ended up here, but Blue Lock is a place where even your teammates are your competitors." 

"But if I don't work together with my teammates then we all won't be able to pass," argued Kunigami.

"Kunigami what are you talking about? 'We'? Kunigami..." Y/N walked towards the other and stared right into his eyes, "there are no 'we' in Blue Lock. If you had just thought of yourself- if you had just made sure you stood out more than your teammates, then the one who would've been chosen is you."

"But-"

"Do you not get it Kunigami?" Y/N stared right into Kunigami's eyes, "you didn't fail because you lost, you failed because you didn't get chosen. 

TO BE CONTINUED...