GOAL SEVENTEEN

"Did you have to go that hard Y/N?" Reo grabbed the (h/c) haired male's hand and helped pull said male off the ground. "You're still not completely healed you know. Do you not feel pain or something?"

Of course he feels pain. Of course it hurts. He doesn't have the medical condition where you can't feel pain after all, but he came to Blue Lock for a reason: to prove that he's a striker. He doesn't have some crazy revenge goal like Rin, but just like his friend Y/N had to use Blue Lock to show others that he's worthy. 

The life that he had as a middle fielder before, he wants to leave it all behind. Now he has debuted officially as a striker, he has shown Japan that he's to not be underestimated and through that goal he told his previous teammates that they can all go fuck off. 

"Worth it," Y/N gave Reo a thumbs up as he stood up. He then felt someone glaring at him from behind and turned around to see Sae staring right into his soul. "... Not worth it." 

Reo sighed and pat Y/N's back before moving to his position. Isagi then approached him. 

"L/N, I didn't know you could shoot a lefty," spoke Isagi.

"I learnt a few tricks," what he meant to say was 'I worked my ass off to get a chance to jump Itoshi Sae mentally cause Ego said I can't get a red card'.

'L/N is improving at a rapid speed... can I really catch up to someone like him?'  Isagi watched as the (h/c) haired male walked further and further away. 'But... I really want to devour him.'

U-20 Japan      Vs      Blue Lock 11
                         2    -    3

Game restart! 

It was the U-20 Japan side that got to start with the ball this time. Once again the focus of their team was Shido and with the help of Sae he was able to make it close to the goal however, his kick was blocked by someone unexpected. Mikage Reo. 

With a 99% copy succession of Aiku's block that seemed to take the aura of a serpent, Reo appeared in front of the goal and blocked Shido. It wasn't only once but again after that Reo had copied Niou's block however.... all that effort was not enough to stop a demon like Shido "cockroach" Ryusei.

With a pass from Sae, Shido jumps in the air and connects to the ball with his feet and kicks a bicycle kick right into the goal with an explosion. It was his introduction to the world. 

"My genes... are gonna knock ya up!" Shido grinned wildly. 

"He's entered the flow state," Ego said with a serious expression. "The first one to enter the flow state in this game was you... Shido Ryusei." 

While the U-20 members were rushing to Shido to hug him he completely dodged them and jumped on Sae's back only for them to say the zestiest shit to each other. Y/N felt like disconnecting from his ears.

U-20 Japan       Vs       Blue Lock 11
                         3     -     3

'Shido and Sae and pushing through our defence without problems even with Reo copying other's defence plays and even if L/N is a good player I noticed that when he scored that goal earlier, he fell onto his right ankle that's injured...'  Isagi clenched his fists. 

Even though they had tied with the U-20 team, in the end the players of Blue Lock 11 aren't professional players like them therefore their staminas were probably not as good. They were all sweating while Sae was completely fine and so was Shido who just got subbed in. Plus, the U-20's defences were better than Blue Lock's because they had proper defenders and their captain was amazing at it. 

"At this point... we're going to lose," Isagi mumbled, gritting his teeth.

"What the fuck are you talking about," Y/N grabbed the back of Isagi's jersey and pulled him closer. He moved his lips closer to Isagi's ear, "I'm not fucking here to lose." He let go of Isagi's jersey and walked away. 

"Wait L/N, do you have a plan in mind?" Isagi ran after him. "Why are you so confident that we could win?" 

"If you're a capable striker then score. If you don't believe that we would win then you're far from being the egoist you're meant to be in Blue Lock." Isagi could not understand the confidence in this (h/c) haired male at all. With all the facts at hand how could he still think that they stand a chance? 

"That doesn-"

"In soccer every second matters, if you give up right away without doing all you can you'd never win."

'In tag....'  Isagi then remember Ego's words in tag. Kira had lost because he had given up without trying to pass the ball to someone else.... ok maybe this mentally handicapped but strangely talented dude is right. 

"Ego!" Isagi approached Ego, "we're fighting with our all like you asked but at this rate we can't win. I don't want it to end like this what should we do now? Please tell me, how can we win this?" 

"Are you guys stupid? You guys have already won," spoke Ego.

"The lead we took in the first half and Shido Ryusei's debut has all gone according to my plan. If we lose this game then Blue Lock will cease to exist, but you guys will not. If we lose then Shido who has proven himself will join the ranks of the U-20 and as the ace after him so will Rin. The rest of the Blue Lock members will also attract interest and will therefore get a chance," explained Ego. "Stand proud. Blue Lock has already won." 

"I don't give a shit about any of that," Isagi clenched his fists. "I don't care about the future of Japanese soccer of the security of my career. All of us want to win here and now. We don't need a 'next time',  losing here equals death."

'Hm?'  Y/N ears caught onto Isagi and Ego's conversation. He glanced at them. 

"Make us win four eyes, this is the ego that you taught us." 

'So you've finally awakened your ego,' the (h/c) haired male smirked. 

"Fine then," Ego pushed his glasses up, "bring in Barou Shohei."

'I'll give you a hand... Isagi Yoichi.'

Ah, looks like Y/N remembers another name.

TO BE CONTINUED...