Chapter 3: Lost Connection

[Y/n's PoV]

Some memories will hurt you as hell, and others will haunt you as well. However, there are things that you just couldn't tell 'cause sometimes, it's better to say farewell.

Hours had passed and my gaze was still focused towards the violet feather on my hand. A feather that holds so much memories.

Everything was supposed to be fine, yet fate decided to play its trickery on us.

"I guess it couldn't be avoided... But what if I was able to make it in time and save her? Would that change the outcome..?"

I wouldn't really know the answer unless I went back to the past myself.

I sighed dreadfully before returning my consciousness back to reality and fly towards the peak of Mt. kanna.

I stood there motionlessly and inspect the area like an eagle searching for its next prey.

"...?"

My eyes landed on that blonde boy and his flying pet, attacking the hilichurl camp on the island.

They haven't left yet? Oh well, it's not like I'm gonna monitor their every move here . There is no life of a mortal that could be found staying here anymore, so my title as the guardian of Tsurumi Island just may now be a history of mine to remember.

I turned to another direction and saw the other islands further away from here.

"Watatsumi... Yashiori... Kannazuka... Seirai... And... Narukami... Hmm, it's been a while since I'd set foot to the Islands of Inazuma. Of course, Tsurumi is an exception since this is where I reside."

I remembered vividly that the great serpent of Watatsumi Island, Orobashi was slained at Yashiori Island by that shadow too.

Now that I think about it, she had killed many deities and mortals centuries from the past especially during the Archon War but, meh, why do I care.

Her fame and glory that lives up to this day doesn't scare me one bit for I am determined to kill her.

If the island of Watatsumi still worshipped their slained god until today, then maybe I should pay them a visit and see what I can discover along the way.

Who knows? Maybe I could try and befriend them and make some connections as well.

I flew high into the sky, and slowly reached Watatsumi Island, where I saw a bunch of happy people.

I land down in the outskirts and then begin interacting with the Watatsumi islanders.

They all appear to be very kind, and after some time chatting with them, I asked them about the Raiden Shogun.

During this time, I learned about how many of the island's inhabitants do not exactly approve of the Shogun's rule, and are actively looking for a way to resist her.

Afterwards, they suggested that I should talk to their Divine Priestess, Sangonomiya Kokomi. A wise and considerate individual, they said.

I roamed all over the island until I eventually found her.

"Welcome to Watatsumi Island. How may I assist you?" She speaks in a calm and patient manner.

I told her that I like to learn more about Watatsumi and her thoughts towards the Shogun.

She seems to be aware of my purpose here, and gives me some hints about how to proceed.

"As you may be aware, a few months ago, the Raiden Shogun repealed the Vision Hunt Decree. Moreover, she also lifted the Sakoku Decree, allowing Watatsumi Island to reopen its borders to visitors. In fact, we hope that these changes will bring more people to the island, and give us more opportunities to grow."