Chapter 13: Symbols Of The Abyss

[Y/n's PoV]

I found myself in a strange darkness, where even my lightning skills would unable to give me a modicum of light.

I looked around wildly, trying to make sense of the new situation I found myself in as my skills were being invalidated by the darkness. It was as if the Wolflord's death had somehow plunged me into this deep abyss.

Ei seemed nowhere to be seen, neither were the rifthounds present anymore. As I wondered what was happening, a faint red glow started to radiate in front of me as the pitch-black shadows parted; an abyssal mark that is placed underneath the ground and I decided to inspect it.

I vividly remember this kind of symbol since the language belongs to Khaenri'ah. It seemed to have been carved with such immaculate details that it could almost be described as being pristine.

I recalled the time when I went to Khaenri'ah once, centuries ago.

This abyssal marks were carved beneath the surface of the ground— hidden away from the eyes of mankind, because they contained information that was too sensitive for just anyone to see. They held sacred knowledge that needed to be kept away from unauthorized parties at all costs, a fact that I am very aware of.

They contain ancient secrets that were unknown even to the gods, and no one, regardless of whom they were, might ever obtain them, lest they risk compromising the fate of Teyvat.

"Let's see..."

I began translating the words.

"The dwellers in heaven use the thorns to pass judgement."

"I see your tears. I too mourn the dead, but if you do not wish to become like them. This hidden symbol calls upon the living to go into the depths and the shadows for this will be an access to the unknown."

The abyssal mark then glowed as if it was changing itself. Upon seeing its transformation, I approached it and examined it closely, realizing that it had become a small cross-shaped item, similar to an artifact.

Sensing a mystical power surrounding this strange artifact, I felt a pull to touch it as though it was calling to me, beckoning me to go deeper into the darkness.

As I reached out my hand, it began to glow more and hum with a faint abyssal sound.

I could feel that this artifact was very old, but still carried a strange and unknown power within it.

"..?!"

The ground suddenly breaks and I fall along with it and was transported back to Tsurumi Island above the sky, so I tried to slow down my fall with the help of the wind.

After landing with a soft thunk above Tsurumi Island, I looked around, relieved to finally be free from the mysterious space rift.

From my vantage point, I could see Ei walk over to me, looking a bit amused though it was hard to tell since her face was covered by a perpetual mask of cold indifference.

I guess she haven't left Tsurumi Island yet.

"Huh, you're still alive? I was expecting you to perish long ago after you entered that space rift." She said in a tone that suggested that she'd been expecting a different outcome.