Chapter 9: Fragile Illusion

[Y/n's PoV]

I was currently sitting on the sands near the shore of my island while looking at the horizon.

The waves of the ocean crash against the shore, and the sun had set a few hours ago. I can't help but feel a tinge of loneliness.

I looked back and forth between the vast ocean and the horizon, wondering what to do next. I then glance down at the sand beside me, noticing an unusual rock shaped like a lightning bolt. I decided to pick it up and feel it in my hands.

"Kapatcir... I miss you, you idiot..."

I looked at the horizon once again, imagining all the good times me and Kapatcir spent together in Tsurumi Island.

I tried to convince myself that I should go back to work, but the sadness still overwhelms me.

Staying here at Tsurumi Island was once a home to me, but now... I don't even know what to think of it...

As the waves crash against the shore and the sound echoes around me, I saw a sudden light in the distance and a flash of lightning.

My body instantly tenses and my eyes widened.

At first, I think it was nothing, but the sound of crashing waves dies down and I then see a figure standing in the distance.

Time seems to move in slow motion as my eyes were focused directly on that figure and I could feel my body filled with sudden electricity.

Everything is now in silence, except for the sound of my heart beating loudly and the thunder growing ever louder. I get closer and closer to the Figure and soon realize I was staring at Kapatcir.

I stood still, frozen in shock. Seeing the figure of Kapatcir and her silhouette against the dimly shining stars, her beautiful form seemingly etched onto my heart.

The thunder finally dies down, but my heart was still beating rapidly.

My mind instantly fills with thoughts of what to say, what to do, and how to act to make her stay, and one word eventually surfaces.

"Come back..." I whispered this words while she's still in my sight.

I have no thoughts but to chase after her. I used all of my powers and try my best to keep up with her. But to no avail.

I followed her all over Tsurumi Island, from the shore, to the mountain tops, but she was always one step ahead of me.

Her form was in front of me and before I realized it, I tried reaching my own hand to her but she was already gone again. Even with my electro abilities, I could not follow her.

Now, I'm starting to wonder, "Does her figure even exist? Was it only a figment of my imagination? Was I... going insane?"

No, I can't... This is all now just an illusion of hers... Maybe... Maybe it was only an effect in the ley lines of this area...

My mind races as I think about the possibilities. Was what I just saw was nothing but a merely an illusion, a mere product of the ley lines, like I said? Or was it Kapatcir's way of trying to contact me? Or... could it be something else?

And yet, no matter what I think, I just feel so incredibly anxious to see her again...

"No... I should stop... She is now long gone..."

I sighed dreadfully before entering myself to my own domain and meditate.

I sat on my knees, eyes closed, focusing on controlling my breathing. I felt empty inside, and yet I know that I must go on. Time will never stop to care about how I feel or think. I took a deep breath as I try to clear my head and suppress all of my negative thoughts.