Chapter 35: Dual Personality

[Y/n's PoV]

I woke up the next morning on my back, the bed sheets covering me like a cocoon. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Ei laying right next to me, her face unmoving. Her eyes are half opened and were looking straight at me.

"Morning, Y/n. It's time to start another day. It seems we had quite an eventful night. We should talk about that, yes?"

Right... I can still vividly remember the intimate moment we shared of last night, yet...

I sat up straight and lightly clutched my head.

"...There's nothing left for us to talk anymore."

Saying that made me once again became that cruel, arrogant Thunderbird like I always have, although some things must be kept hidden even if it hurts me too.

Soon, I noticed that I am still naked so I get up and walk over to my scattered clothes and began putting them back on while she did the same with hers.

"Y/n, what exactly happened during last night that made you turn 180 degrees from a lovable and kind person into a cold and cruel person now? You know we did that on our own free will."

"...."

I took a deep breath before facing her.

"...Like I said, it was merely just a lustful game. Nothing more."

She scoffed,"Just a game, you say? ...I know what we shared was much more than mere carnal pleasure."

She tilted her head, a small smile forming on her face.

"Don't try to deny this, Y/n."

She steps forward and takes my chin in her hand, gently moving my head.

"If you're going to lie to me, then at least make it a convincing one."

"...."

She waits for a response in my eyes, but I only gaze coldly at her, indicating that I was dead serious before harshly grabbing her hand from my chin.

"Do I look like I'm lying? How about I give you some advice? Firstly: don't fall for your enemy. Second: Don't get your hopes up. And third? I still loathe you."

After saying this bitter words, her expression changes to one of disappointment and it pains me to see her this way.

"I see... so this is how you truly felt all along... yet why are you still so full of hatred?" Her tone was still calm and gentle, but there is a slight hint of sadness in it.

I'm sorry...

She looks at me for a moment.

"You've always been like this— since the first time we met. I supposed deep down I already knew, I just didn't want to believe it."

I'm sorry for hurting you...

She pauses before continuing softly.

"However... I guess I wanted to hope. To hope that maybe one day... we could be something... more."

Me too... if only, I...