Chapter 38 : Faith Of The Void

[Y/n's PoV]

After that intense moment of battle and confessions, I went back inside the room with Ei in Aaru Village to where Paimon and Aether was already waiting for us.

"Ei! Y/n! Where have you been? We felt the ground shook earlier and heard a loud noise coming from here so we went to check only to be found that you two were not here."

Aether looked at us with worried expression while Paimon folded her arms.

"Were you two at each other's throat again?"

Ei just nodded her head as a response.

"In a way, yes, but in all honesty, we came to a wonderful conclusion."

"A wonderful conclusion?" Aether repeated her words.

"Yes. You see... We have..." Ei pauses while her cheeks turn a shade of pink.

"...Entered a partnership of sorts. Our feelings for each other are undeniable, but it is a bond that we cannot fully describe yet."

With that, Paimon and Aether's eyes widened in surprise.

"But do not worry. It is nothing too inappropriate." Ei exclaimed.

I didn't argue with her statement and go along with it by creating some white lies.

"Yes, we've just... "

"...Just talking to each other. We went around to... "

"...Look at some of the scenery outside the village at sunrise..."

"...And maybe kiss." I whispered that last part out loud.

Aether and Paimon then just looked at another before grinning ear to ear in front of us.

"So you and Y/n, huh?" Aether asked her teasingly.

"Indeed." Ei answered almost immediately.

"In my five hundred years as the Electro Archon, her face is one that has always been an important part of my life. She made me realized what eternity really is."

"It took us a while to see it through all of our fights, arguements and loathing, but now we both know that..." She pauses and looks at me.

"The path we need to follow has always been here, right in front of us...

"...And it's always taken by two to make it complete."

After Ei's explanation, Aether and Paimon smiled brightly as though their hearts were suddenly filled with joy.

"Well, we both know that there's something more going on between you and Y/n— even if you two wouldn't want to admit it in the first place."

Ei stayed silent and seems to consider what Paimon just said for a moment, before smiling.

"It is true that there is more here than meets the eye."

"...And may also be a fact that we were in denial about the extent of our feelings..."

"But from now on, there's literally no denying where our hearts truly lie."