Chapter 16: Songs Of My Home

[Y/n's PoV]

The sound of a lyre filled the air, and I am currently playing and singing in harmony. My voice and what I was playing brought peace and calmness to the area; a tranquil atmosphere filled the day, and the song continued through the morning.

I sat under my favourite spot which is a large tree nearby Inazuma City, looking out to the sea, and I could not help but think back to how much my life had changed due to her.

The music envelopes the air, and the sound of the nearby river was the only thing that accompanied me. It was relaxing, and it felt like nothing else in the world mattered in this moment.

As I continued to play, my mind went blank. For a moment, it was just me and my melody.

Nothing else mattered.

Each note and each chord of my song felt like it carried a weight that was lifted from the world around me. I could almost feel the tension disappearing with each strum of the lyre, and my mind was now filled with nothing but peace and serenity. It was a truly blissful moment, one that would be remembered by many.

I could hear all sorts of sounds of wildlife coming from nearby, the chirps of birds singing their daily songs and the rustle of leaves as the wind blew through them. I found myself playing my favourite melody over and over again, as if I never wanted it to end.

As I played, I heard footsteps nearby, and out from behind the tree came a familiar presence. It was Ei, my enemy.

Now that I think about it, I kept bumping into her more lately, it is as if fate decided to play its trickery on me once more or perhaps this is them telling me that I should pressed the advantage and just directly kill her even without my full strength but I fully knew that someone like her wasn't easy to be dealt with.

I just glared at the Archon and continued playing. I ignored her presence that had come closer since I wouldn't anyone to disturb my song.

I closed my eyes and for a few moments, I opened them just a crack to get a glimpse of Ei.

She was still there.

So, I closed my eyes yet again. Then, I heard this familiar person walk away. Now, without any distractions, I continued with my music without interruption.

Once the song came to an end, I sighed in relief that her presence was nowhere to be seen around.

"Finally..."

Now, I could rest. I was about to close my eyes and sleep when...

"That was a wonderful performance."

Her sudden voice in front of me made me flinched and startled that I lose balance and was about to fall on the grass, but she catches me before I could fall, and I could feel her slim hand holding mine tightly.

The touch, it felt warm, and comforting.

Wait, what am I even thinking?

I quickly let go of her hand holding mine and do a back flip to land smoothly on the grass.

I then scoffed and crossed my arms together.

"No one asked, shadow."

She stared at me for a moment from below before sighing and leaned her body to where I was resting.

"You're still too immature to understand the deeper meaning behind my every word. But even to you, it's not a lie to say that you play beautifully. You should be proud." She commented.