𝟏

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

          "You sure you good, 'cause you know when we leave it's gonna be too far to come back," Maya's mother said with a sigh folding her arms. She was very overwhelmed with the thought of her only child moving out, but the job was done and all her boxes were already in the house.

          "Momma I'm good all the boxes are in, you and Papa need rest. I just gotta organize where everything goes" Maya smiled at her parents one last time as they approached her for a last hug.

          "This is crazy Maya I'm so proud of you, you've come a long way," Her father said before hugging her, he was happy to see his daughter finally moving on with life and knew this was a big accomplishment for her. First a Mercedes now a luxury apartment.

          "Thank you papa, I'll call y'all tomorrow and update you. I gotta put away some of these boxes for now" Her mom gave her a last hug and a kiss on the cheek before collecting any bags she brought and leaving with her dad.

          Maya was finally alone, her own place, bathroom, kitchen...Her own everything. Mommy and Daddy were no longer in charge of her; all her decisions were hers.

          This was new for Maya but at the same time so peaceful and comforting to know everything she worked so hard for was finally earned by her and no one else had control over it.

          She carried three boxes to her new bedroom, exhausted not even wanting to unpack anything else but knew she had to if she had to get out her shower stuff.

          Her friend Deijah is supposed to come by tomorrow to help with these boxes and get other moving things in order, but for right now she was on her own. Deijah lived out here as well but has been out here two months longer than Maya.

          "These are the wrong boxes" She sighed going to her living room to open and look through more boxes finally finding her hygiene products.

          After her shower, she did her aftercare and threw on some pajamas she was starving but hadn't gone grocery shopping as of yet and it was way too late to go now. But, there was a McDonald's up the street and she knew any excuse was a good excuse to go to McDonald's.

          So she threw on her slides and left.

          Maya lived in a good area in Miami that had a lot of close by stores and fast food restaurants which was another reason she really loved her new place. Even though most of the money she earned went on rent and her car note, and of course all of those deposits you have to put down when getting a new place, any money left was for food, groceries, and her personal maintenance.