𝟑

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄

          It was now Monday and Maya was back to working. Her place was still a mess but work came first and she couldn't afford to take another day off.

          She worked for an apartment complex in Bayshore to collect all the info from possible leasers and collect rent etc.

          "We need the last three month's bank statements, and the last two month's paystubs and you must have a credit score of 675+ to be considered. With the application, you do have to pay an application fee of $50. I will send your information over to management and they will approve it if necessary"

          She did this basically all day, and her job wasn't hard at all. She planned to continue until she got her nursing license.

          "Alright give me a few days to print my stuff out tho"

          "These apartments are high in demand. No promises it will even still be available tomorrow. Are you able to get them to me faster-"

          "No, y'all can hold it for two days. I'll send y'all lil fee now but them bank statements and pay stubs gon take a few days" Maya knew the only reason it would take a few days was so she could have time to get fake ones. Sending documented paystubs and bank statements takes no more than ten minutes.

          "We can't hold it for you ma'am. It's first come first serve based on credentials"

          "Then what's the $50 I'm paying for?" Maya didn't understand people sometimes.

          "The $50 isn't to hold the apartment, it's the application fee. To submit your application and be considered you need to pay the fee"

          "I don't understand this shit, y'all are too confusing"

          "Think about it, if yes then get those documents in asap, if not-"

          "There is no 'if yes'. I'm not leasing shit unless y'all hold that apartment for me. It's only two days y'all can wait"

          "Sorry ma'am we don't hold apartments. Try Section 8" Maya hung up and laughed to herself. There was always one of those rude demanding clients that thought they could argue with her into getting her way. She needed to be humbled

          "People need to stop acting slow" she mumbled to herself

          Maya sighed. It was 4:30 pm and her 'shift' was over at 5:00 pm. She pretty much knew she was done with work for the day.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

          "How do you not have Hershey bars at a damn grocery store bruh?" She said to herself. Maya finally got a chance to go to the grocery store, she was getting tired of eating just fast food.

          She had about everything she needed but at night she always had this weird craving for a Hershey bar, and this store didn't seem to have any.

          "You found everything good today?" The cashier asked.

          "Yeah, but do yall have Hershey bars?" She could tell by the cashier's face they didn't.

          "I don't think so, I haven't seen them be restocked in weeks"

          She paid for her stuff, put everything in the car, and went back home. She had an exam this Friday and she needed to study for it plus she had more organizing and shelving to do.

          She got home in no more than ten minutes and opened her back seat seeing all the grocery bags. It would take her at least three trips up and down the elevator to get everything up there.

          She sighed and put two bags in each hand already feeling the weight weighing down on her fingers. She decided to put one bag back in.

          Maya struggled to carry the bags through the lobby doors, her relief was found when she saw she was almost at the elevator. The doors opened and she finally set the bags down with a sigh.

          Right behind her came a guy, it was the same guy she's been seeing everywhere.

          He looked the same as the last two times she saw him just a different outfit. But for some reason, she just thought he looked sexier every time she saw him.

          He looked so good.

          The elevator came to a stop at her floor, the 15th floor was next for him. She grabbed her bags and began to make her way out.

          "You got it?" She turned around to see who was talking. It was him

          "Yeah, I got it"

          The guy walked out of the elevator, grabbing the bags out of her hand.

          "Nah, I got it" Maya was stunned. Honestly, she's never had a stranger come up and offer her help to carry something.

          She walked to her apartment, him following behind her. Maya was too nervous to speak to him. She hadn't really been nervous around a guy in a while.

          Maya pulled her keys out of her purse and opened her door allowing him to put the bags on the counter. She immediately felt embarrassed at how messy her place looked, empty boxes and stuff were all over the place.

          "You just moved in huh" He chuckled, setting the things down, acknowledging how messy her apartment was.

          "Yeah, two days ago. Excuse how messy this place is though" Maya mumbled.

          "You got more bags inna car right?" Maya thought about it before nodding. She didn't want him to feel like she needed him but at the same time, his help was nice.

          "Then let's go" She nervously slid through the door, he was right next to her. She could smell his cologne, it smelt so good like nothing she smelt before.

          They got to her car and he grabbed the rest of the bags. Maya wished she could do that. He just had big ass hands.

          "You good now?" He set the remainder of the bags on the counter.

          "Yeah, that's all the bags. I really appreciate it" She would give him a little money for helping her, but clearly he didn't need it.

          "Mhm" And with that, he left. And the first thing Maya thought to do was call Deijah.

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄𝐃...