𝟐𝟒

NEHEMIAH KENSINGTON

          Nothing was making him feel better. No amount of blunts he passed through, no amount of money he was spending, and neither did that day he spent with Bianca. He was doing everything he'd done before he met her but still couldn't go back to feeling mentally stable.

          He couldn't help but realize that he did have feelings for her and it was hard to come to terms with since he'd never felt this way before. This all reminded him of back when he was younger hustling to help take care of all his girl cousins before they all went missing.

          Earlier he felt like taking a nap but tried and just couldn't. It was normal for him not to sleep for more than 4 hours but not having slept in the past two days wasn't.

          Looking at his phone he saw it was around seven at night. He got ready real fast while packing a small bag of necessities and began to make his way down to his car.

          He thought maybe he'd go to buy a bottle of Hennessy and get a hotel or something for a night or two, just to be away from here since he couldn't get the thought that she was literally downstairs out of his head.

          Knowing she was basically right under him kept giving him the urge to just knock on her door but he wasn't the type to cross boundaries, especially with women.

          Before he could even get close enough to find his car in the parking lot, he stopped right when his eyes landed on Maya standing next to her car on her phone. She was all done up, just like the first night that he paid for their dinner.

          He didn't assume she was going on a date though, especially since she was driving there in her own car.

          No more time wasted he walked over to her. Her head instantly shot up to look at him.

          Her face looked annoyed but he didn't even care anymore.

          "Neem what you doing out here?" She sucked her teeth putting her phone on the top of her car.

          "I been missing you, every day" He finally said leaning against her car, he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

          "You been missing me? Neem don't start I gotta leave in a minute" She folded her arms looking him up and down.

          "I'm so serious though, I'll take you on a date right now I'm not even playing" He didn't like expressing his feelings but today he didn't care.

          "A date?... Where'd that come from?"

          He was happy she didn't seem mad, cause he knew how she could get. 

          "If you wanna take me on a date we have some things to discuss-" But before she could finish, her phone began to ring.

          "Hold on I'll be right back" She sighed answering the phone and stepping away, he could hear another man's voice on the other end. 

           And he knew damn well that wasn't her daddy.

           A few minutes later she came back now with an annoyed expression on her face.